Bad Multi-Dish Switch??

Then cancel dish and get service from someone else. I offered the suggestion of DHPP for $5.99 which would allow dish to come out and FIX the issue. There have been other offers of help as well, take it or leave it. Dish cannot help you if you don't let them.

Just cancel and get service from someone else already...........................:rant:
well the 5.99 offer/ insurance has helped me many times. Dont know what your eperence with them was but if some came to my home need to pay fee i think 29.99

I had an issue earlier this year with pixelation. I called dish and they set an appointment up with intertech digital, the local dish repair company. Intertech was out three times and I was not charged a single cent! My vip722 receiver was replaced, both LNB's on my two dishes, ground blocks, connections, and finally, three new cable runs from both dishes into my house. Everything was covered by the DHPP. The pixelation issue has been fixed and the system is running as it should.

Even if it was $29.99 I would have paid it. Dish kept coming back to fix the issue and never complained or bitched about it once. The tech from intertech kept apologizing to ME as a matter of fact, and told me that they will fix the issue.

I just don't understand why people think dish can fix issues that they aren't even aware of.

I had an issue earlier this year with pixelation. I called dish and they set an appointment up with intertech digital, the local dish repair company. Intertech was out three times and I was not charged a single cent! My vip722 receiver was replaced, both LNB's on my two dishes, ground blocks, connections, and finally, three new cable runs from both dishes into my house. Everything was covered by the DHPP. The pixelation issue has been fixed and the system is running as it should.

Even if it was $29.99 I would have paid it. Dish kept coming back to fix the issue and never complained or bitched about it once. The tech from intertech kept apologizing to ME as a matter of fact, and told me that they will fix the issue.

I just don't understand why people think dish can fix issues that they aren't even aware of.
im glad for you and this is good news, everyone has deffrent opions though.. I do agree some what.. It can be complex, Thers just so many deffrent ways.. Me personal i would try fixing myself 1st , i own all equiment and know You can buy equpiment , eleswhere from dish.. I was always told if tech comes it be 29.99 plus cost other than, exsising equiment, [ not bad stuff] only if added, also i just dont like them snipping or cutting wires, with out me knowing whats done . When doing it myself i know what is what etc I dont like that 29.99 . But on other hand i would call if i could not fix.. I have good frend also that is x dish installer so this also helps

Infact yrs ago i had a installer here when the s-dish came out. I purchased all equiment hooked s-dish up got 110 119 could not get 105 .. i finaly gave up hired a dish installer he came had same proplem, got charged 50 bucks he left me with 110 119 only.. Next day i called my brother told him what happened he came up we relooked at all, found that the lnb for the 105 had a slider , slide it and got 105.. so i got robed 50 bucks.. sorry if getting off topic

Sorry JWOLF.
I didn't mean to get you upset. I thought I had mentioned that I wanted to sort this out without the help of the service people Dish sent to install the system. They just ran the cables through a cellar window which couldn't be closed when they were done.
Anyhow, thanks for all the advice. Sorry to bother you. I wont bother you again. Peace.

J8, That's what I'm worried about. Thanks.

Sign up for the Dish home Protection Plan(DHPP). DHPP is $5.99/month and you can add it when you need it, and cancel it when everything is fixed. Call today and add it, then call tomorrow and tell them about your error. Whatever the tech needs to get you up and running again is covered.
Interesting. Does this work for fulltime travelers in an RV?

Interesting. Does this work for fulltime travelers in an RV?
Did you notice the post you're replying to is from 2009? ;)

There are three levels of Dish Protect now, ranging from $9.99 to $24.99 with minimum subscription time requirements. Other than that, yes, Dish Protect will service a fulltime RV'er. Just make sure you're at the service address currently listed on your Dish account.

Note that Dish will not service third-party equipment such as a roof mounted Winegard Trav'ler or any of the portable "dome" style auto-aiming dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts