Bad News About Big 10 Network!!

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Big Ten Network

DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America's Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439. Customers throughout the nation will also have the opportunity to preview the network until early 2008. At that time, the channel will be carried on America's Top 100 Plus service within the eight states with Big Ten institutions.

If it looks like a regional sports network and smells like a regional sports network it should be treated like one. I bet the nationwide preview is until they get one of the new birds launched and put it on a spotbeam.

NightRyder

It looks like it is going into the RSN grouping... AT100+RSNs or AT200 and above. The AT100 package does not have RSNs, the reason Dish does not carry YES.

yes looks like it's an RSN

in 2008 you have to live in one of those 8 states or subscribe to the multisport pack

It's bad news for everybody. Rates will now skyrocket

Not gonna make my FTA go up. I get more college sports than I can handle already between my FTA and lifeline cable.

As for it being a RSN, I don't know how the BTN can argue against that and win.

The odd aspect is that Dish is providing it free to those subs for whom they have to pay a lot to get it.

But they plan to charge extra to those subs for whom E* is paying one of the lowest channel fees of any channel in their lineups (said to be only 10 cents per sub for non-B10 states).