Bad recordings from Local KOCO HD

dhickman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Central OK
First 922 - black screens when trying to play back video, system was unreliable. Replaced receiver.

Second 922 - Much more stable, especially since S102. However I still run into the occasional black screen or other weird issues when recording shows from my local KOCO HD in Oklahoma City. Twice this week. yesterday the system would not stop recording abc world news, so i rebooted the box. Today it recorded abc world news, but would not let me see it and show the black screen with the slash through the red dot on the right side. It took about five minutes before the system was responsive. As of 1150 pm the system has worked fine and recorded many other shows including V (HD)on koco.

Usually the show is nightline or abc world news. I suspected that my problems with the first receiver may be related to this and I stopped recording the local news at 5/6/10pm on the replacement system.

What is really strange is that this issue has shown up on both 922 receivers.

Another thing is that the local news, nightline, and abc world news are SD source pushed out as HD. Nightline is usually true HD, but ABC world news is almost always a SD source like the local news casts.

Did not record any news from KOCO tonite. The dvr was 100% stable.

I have set to record the news on KOCO tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)