bad switch, bad LNB, or bad aim?

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
Strange thing happened to my Hopper setup yesterday… it seems that only the 72 sat was picked up… did a check switch and it first failed all sats and settings… went into dish pointer and 61 was getting zero, 72 was in the mis 40’s and 77 was saying it was wrong sat 61.5? I swapped my joey and hopper (and switched the solo node) and this time it said almost the same but 77 was now seeing 72 bird? and 72 passes check switch. Today when I get home from work - without doing anything check switch passed… but dish pointer or setting area where it does a self check passed 61 and 72 but failed 77? Switched everything back around so Hopper was in in my family room; and same as when I got home… all channels appear to work (I don’t really need 77) did a check switch passed, went into pointer and it said 61 was in the mid 40’s, 72 was in the mid 40’s, and 77 was in the low teens…

ok sorry for the long post…

BUT

what does you think it could be? (note we had a decent snow/ice storm yesterday - but dish looked ok)

thanks and hope I didn’t leave anything off…

It seems since I have a Solo Node - weather isn’t the reason for this…

a Dish Tech is coming out today to check it out… I’m getting mid 50’s now for 61.5 and 72, low teens for 77… I am wanting him/her to remove the 3LB horn and replace with a dual 61/72 (unless dish has back-peddled on Eastern Arc and now uses all three?) And I will see if they can mount the node in my garage instead (just in case it is weather related) but its COLD here today no change so I feel its a non cold weather issue…

thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)