Bad VIP211K?

prt328

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Nomad
I have a VIP211K that I've been using in my RV; always worked fine. Last week I turned it on and got a "bootstrap" error (981 I think). Somehow I managed to get past that and pointed my KVH S2 to 119. Went through the check switch routine, had good signal strength, downloaded program guide, etc. I can't even get D101 on the box, shows as error 005 - Programming Not Authorized. I forced a couple of updates (change the time) for the unit to refresh but no change. I pulled the box and connected it to a home tripod with 110, 119 and 129 - all good signals. Ran checkswitch again and everything appears to be perfect. Called Dish and spoke to a CSR who had me go through all of the same routines. He says he "re-hit" the box to authorize it but my subscribed programming never appeared. After an hour he concluded that I was in "bad weather" and couldn't do anything else. Basically hung up on me!

I think I have a toasted VIP211K but don't have another to try. My software version is L554 and all sat bars are green on the info screen. Any ideas?

I'd call Dish back and talk to someone else. Tell them you're not receiving programming, and you need an activation hit sent. Also have them verify what programming you're signed up for, and that it is properly tagged on your account. I'm sure DIRT could do this as well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts