bad weather question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
before i get into a story, let me ask me this how common in bad weather 1 HD box work fine and another HD goes dead for a few day?

If one box is fine and the other goes bad for a few days then there is an issue.

#1) Loss of signal only happens in really bad weather and once the weather passes so does the problem.
#2) What happens to 1 should happen to the other.

If it takes a couple days for the issue to go away, I would guess there is a good possibility that moisture is getting in some part that effects that receiver ad is shorting the line out.
When it dries out, the picture comes back.

Check all your connections, mutiswitch, ground block, any splices in the line.

thanks, we had all sorts of problems in past 2yr with my room and i am handycapped and directv is my life, my mom is thinking about having them moving the dish over to my of the house and having them run everything new, because you can't even imagine how frustrating directv is!

To be sure and help the tech when he arrives and if you can do this....try switching the locations of the receivers. You would disconnect the lines from the back of one receiver...move it to the other location and swap the lines...power cord, sat line and TV line. If the problem "moves" you know the problem is the receiver. If the known to be good receiver fails when moved you know it is a problem in the line.

While the problem is probably an outside fitting,,,,,,try shaking any lines inside and see if you can make the receiver fail.

Intermittent problems are hard to track down but your equipment should work as advertised.

Joe

i had lists of problems date back when i first i had it instill in this room, now that brother moving out it time get my room redone, i don't want to come off like , but i wish you knew

You will be ok just report the problem....might want to sign up for the protection plan at the same time...$6.00 / mo I think. Have the tech rerun or test every exterior line, fitting and switch to fix your problem. They do it every day.

Report how it goes.

Joe

You will be ok just report the problem....might want to sign up for the protection plan at the same time...$6.00 / mo I think. Have the tech rerun or test every exterior line, fitting and switch to fix your problem. They do it every day.

Report how it goes.

Joe

we have the protection plan and still no help

we have the protection plan and still no help

Really weird.

Unfortunately, every customer has bad employees.
Sounds like you have been getting them.

Call back, hopefully you will get somebody that will help on the first try.
If they don't, you ask to speak to a supervisor (I don't know if it will help).
Stay on the phone until they agree to send a tech out.
If you can't keep calling back.

They idea of swapping receivers around first though is a really good one.
Although I don't believe it is a receiver issue, it eliminates it as a possibility.
Like said, if you swap them and the issue happens in the same room, then it is not a receiver issue but if the problem moves rooms, then it is.
This will help a tech to diagnose the problem correctly the first time.

Really weird.

Unfortunately, every customer has bad employees.
Sounds like you have been getting them.

Call back, hopefully you will get somebody that will help on the first try.
If they don't, you ask to speak to a supervisor (I don't know if it will help).
Stay on the phone until they agree to send a tech out.
If you can't keep calling back.

They idea of swapping receivers around first though is a really good one.
Although I don't believe it is a receiver issue, it eliminates it as a possibility.
Like said, if you swap them and the issue happens in the same room, then it is not a receiver issue but if the problem moves rooms, then it is.
This will help a tech to diagnose the problem correctly the first time.

Superviser just treat us like dummy. i have C.P. and only reason we have D and a bill $200.00-$250.00 a month is because of me and we never try get anything for our problems and i know its not receiver issue we try to replace it last year

I am not trying to be funny in this question but your English is broken. Is this a second language for you?

Reason I ask is I wonder if they are having issues understanding your problems on the phone because you seem to really be getting the short end of the straw.
I am not saying D* is perfect or even good but it is really odd that you are not getting any help.

I am not trying to be funny in this question but your English is broken. Is this a second language for you?

Reason I ask is I wonder if they are having issues understanding your problems on the phone because you seem to really be getting the short end of the straw.
I am not saying D* is perfect or even good but it is really odd that you are not getting any help.

i am not the one making the calls i know they cant understand me, my mom/brother call at least 30 times before when i knew i had abit of a of problem, but now i 1 giant problem

Ok

I hope you didn't take any offense to that, I was just trying to get down to the bottom of it.

I really hate for you to have to pay the cancellation fees over something that is most likely a really simple fix.
I mean it could be as easy as changing a 20 cent connector.
Of course, it could be much harder too.

At this point, I would just call them up and say you are getting nothing at all anymore.

none taking, do you think if tweet them? a few how hours a i email Ellen Filipiak, that the only (me) can talk to people unfortunately

what will they say if we call them Monday and said move our dish to my room and installed a DVR maybe it will get them over here if i spent more money,

It does not sound like the location of the dish itself will fix anything at all.
It also does not seem like the receiver is the issue.
If tell them to do that, the tech will come out, do the upgrade and leave.
The only way the issue will be fixed then is if the tech happens to notice the real issue and fixes.

Basically, you could be wasting more money then just canceling would cost and still never fixing the issue.

I don't know the best way to get somebody out there.
I would probably try calling them up and telling them that both receivers have "searching for satellite signal 771" on the screen.
If they ask to have you check the signals or transponders, tell them they are all 0's.
If you tell them it is happening on both receivers they will probably send a tech out instead of just trying to ship you a receiver.

Good luck

i know this is not right procedure, but last night i email Ellen Filipiak and today we got a call and email back. when my mom call back they say we will be here on Sunday. wow, D keep calling us about mine email

Last edited:
Good, I hope it works out for you and I am sorry you had to go through so much to get somebody out there.

Believe me, it is usually no where near this bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)