bad weather solutions for satellite dishes

meintur

Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
europe
Hi all
we have been using satellite dish for commercial purposes and have been showing metropolitan operas and other broadcasts in our cinemas via satellite.

we currently have a 180cm dish and excellent reception quality during good weather, but during snowy conditions the reception tends to break up.
i realize there is no method to guarantee the reception if the weather is bad but we want to try and do everything possible to minimize the break up during bad weathers.

i am in need of a second opinion since our satellite technician simply says nothing more can be done and installing a larger dish would not accomplish anything.
he suggested installing some heat blowers but says they would probably not do alot.

so i am in need of some suggestions, abou solutions to minimize break up during snowing conditions.
the solutions i have heard of are
- Waxing the disc using some hard car wax
- using wx2100
- larger dish
- heat blowers
- heat mats
- some sort of snow screen over the LBM

What satellite frequency are you receiving? Where are you located? Is snow accumulation on the dish causing your problems or is it the amount of snow falling? Is rain causing problems or is snow the only weather related problem?

Europe covers a very large area but none of it should be able to receiver DISH or DIRECTV would a moderator move this to a more appropriate location?

put a sheet of plexi glass over the dish maybe to block whats coming down but not too low to block the signal (at a slant so it will drain off or roll off).... also make sure the signal strengths are the best you can get and I mean every little digit squeezed on a clear day to ensure the most on even a cloudy day that it can get.