Bad wind gusts in CT tonight.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
Really strong wind gusts here tonight! Heard a loud bang outside a little while ago and when we checked our security cameras, the wind had ripped one of my Slimline dishes and the 4x4 it was bolted to off of the folding ladder that I use for a temporary mount to try out new dishes on and sent the dish sailing across the yard into my truck, about twenty or thirty feet away. :(

Went out and looked, it'd snapped the 4 lag bolts holding the 4x4 to the ladder and snapped the small secondary support arm for the dish, knocked the LNB right out of the end of the LNB arm, crazy. I'm glad it was one of the Slimlines though and not one of the other dishes. I wouldn't have thought that dish would've gone anywhere, but it is out [was, rather] in the open, where as the other dishes are blocked from the wind coming up behind them by the house.

That is for sure some strong winds! We have warnings here until 1am tonight. Just heavy rain right now.

You guys in the SE are certainly getting some weather... Keep those hatches battened down!

Now we are under a flash flood watch until 7am Thursday. So much rain here in the last two weeks we have sink holes popping up every where.

Well after it being 60 yesterday we are now under winter storm watch for tomorrow, with a possibility of a few inches of snow. :D
That's how it was here for past 2 weeks. Then we got the very high sustained winds with over 11inches of rain in last 48hrs that turned to sleet and ice last night and now snow this morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ouch sorry to hear that... I know how you feel. It looks like you and I both have some repair work to do. I have to wait until May. I cannot handle working outside on stuff like that when its in the 30's or lower.

I'll wait till it's warmer to put it back up too, it had my 10750 Lo circular LNBF on it for those few circular channels ITC and I can do without them until it's warm out again.

Talking about crazy weather! I watched the news this morning and saw about the tornadoes, snow and all down in Texas and New Mexico, feel really bad for those people down there and thankful that wasn't up here.

had my C-Band dishes tip off the table they were bolted too many times because of higher winds

but like a dumbass I just kept adding more weight to the table......instead of getting a sturdier table ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts