Bait and Switch email promotion

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My wife and I received an email from Suddenlink last week on the 21st that stated that the speed of our internet service would be doubling from 15 to 30Mbps for free and this was to us being loyal customers. The email is a valid Suddenlink email.

I called to ask about the deal since I noticed we were still getting the 15Mbps service and at first was told I would have to go to my local office to get it done which was odd to me as it's just a configuration change on our account. The closest local office is 25 miles away and I told the tech this. Then I was told there was nothing they could do with having a pending work order on the account which we did for our move which happened on the 26th. I was also told I would need a DOCSIS 3.0 modem to take advantage of the deal, and I was going to order one any way so that we would own our modem instead of renting.

I called on the 26th and the lady didn't know what I was talking about at first and said she was trying to see what the promo was. I ended up being on that call for over half an hour of her checking this and asking other people questions that. I was then told the 30Mbps was on the account. WRONG. I figured possibly it was due to the modem I had being a 2.0 modem.

Our Cisco modem that is DOCSIS 3.0 arrived today. While on the phone to have it added to our account I asked about this promo again and at first AGAIN the Suddenlink tech did not know what I was talking about so she had me forward her the email I got. She got it and said that she wasn't sure why it wasn't being added to the account. After being on hold again she came back and said that it appeared that I was not supposed to get this email as we had gotten a free upgrade back over the summer from 10 to 15Mbps since they were normalizing their bottom tier speed that Suddenlink was offering in my area. She said this email was to appease those who already had the 15Mbps who felt like they were cheated out of an upgrade. I told her I didn't ask for the upgrade in the summer and that 15Mbps is the lowest speed offered in my city now. I received the email; why is Suddenlink trying to pull their offer away from me? I then spoke with a supervisor and he tried a few things but agreed with his tech that I wasn't supposed to receive the email in the first place and that he would check with marketing to see why it was sent to me. I told him Suddenlink needs to offer me a deal on the upper speed as this is bait and switch. He is supposed to call me back tonight but I doubt I will get a call. :mad::mad:

Suddenlink; this kind of crap is why I don't have my TV or phone service with you.

I have also heard about the new speeds now available in many areas and people getting double the speed for free.

Hi Neutron- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Please feel free to email me directly at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

Just an update: I have not heard yet from Shannon or the regional VP on this. I doubt I will either.

Here's the email in question with the offer.

Suddenlink Offer.JPG

I did get a reply from Shannon saying that she sent this to marketing and they are "currently looking into this".

EDIT: I did get a reply back from Shannon saying they were going to grant the offer to me. While I'm very thankful that they are holding up to their offer I'm still ticked that it took this route to have it taken care of.

Thank you Shannon!

Hi- Shannon from Suddenlink here. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience that was caused, and really appreciate your patience. I'm so very glad we were able to get everything resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact me in the future should you need any assistance. Thanks!

Well so much for getting the upgrade to our account done in a day or two as I was told. I was told it would be done by this afternoon. It's now 10pm and I'm STILL testing at 15Mbps down 1.5Mbps up.

I really do not know why this is taking so long to make one adjustment to our account!

This FINALLY got resolved and I'm now seeing 30/2. It just sucks that it took several phone calls, several emails, and even several phone calls with the regional VP's office to get this fixed. Thanks Suddenlink!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)