Ball game Black Outs?

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
A couple nights ago I was watching San Francisco playing I think the Angles game. During inning 5 I started watching something that was recorded. That finished and when I stopped it channel 101 was on. I switched back to ESPN 2 and got the black out message. Why would it work for a while and then not at all? Since then all Giants games are blacked out! I live in Vegas.:mad::mad:

A couple nights ago I was watching San Francisco playing I think the Angles game. During inning 5 I started watching something that was recorded. That finished and when I stopped it channel 101 was on. I switched back to ESPN 2 and got the black out message. Why would it work for a while and then not at all? Since then all Giants games are blacked out! I live in Vegas.:mad::mad:

Same thing here, went to watch my Dodgers on the deuce and had to settle for FSN 419

Then these games should be on a local Vegas channel but they arnt. I don't get it. We don't even have a ball team here and now can't watch a CA team play. SUX.

Sound like someone did not hit the switch for Blackout, it's all base on rules from MLB and your zip code. :eek: Still think the new MLB is a ripe off and wish dish could get it back for the old price or a little more $$:mad:

I have been frustrated to no end with these black out rules. I live in Oklahoma and currently the Astros, Royals, Cardinals, and Rangers ALL claim this area. We get maybe 1 royals game a week here locally since no local channel here has picked up the rights to the Royals Television package. I don't understand why i can't watch the alternate feed if the game is not shown here locally. Also NESN is so weird on their blackouts-you get the pregame and postgame shows but they black out other Red Sox (non game) shows AND even a new reality show called Sox Appeal.

Currently *six* (!) MLB Teams claim Las Vegas - A's, Giants, Dodgers, Angels, Padres, Dbacks. Therefore I would expect all these teams to be blacked out on MLB EI and on ESPN (except for ESPN Sunday night games a perhaps a few others where ESPN has negotiated for the game to not be blacked out locally).

Unfortunately, Dish is only paying the $$$ to show a few of the above teams to Vegas subs, so you are twice screwed. If I recall, DirecTV is no longer providing all six teams to the area either. :(

I have been frustrated to no end with these black out rules. I live in Oklahoma and currently the Astros, Royals, Cardinals, and Rangers ALL claim this area. We get maybe 1 royals game a week here locally since no local channel here has picked up the rights to the Royals Television package. I don't understand why i can't watch the alternate feed if the game is not shown here locally. Also NESN is so weird on their blackouts-you get the pregame and postgame shows but they black out other Red Sox (non game) shows AND even a new reality show called Sox Appeal.
Yeah, I'm in OKC and I don't understand how Dish handles the Royals and their network. I'm hoping it gets better next year when the Royals go back to FSN-MW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)