Can this cost be right?

tlturbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Lake Worth, FL
I can't believe this will cost this much - am I missing something here? Is it really this much?

I can upgrade my 921 (I only watch OTA HD so no HD package) to a new 622 DVR receiver for $49 after rebate - that's OK.

BUT

250 pkg 52.99
HD pkg 20.00 (less 10.00 a month for 10 months)
locals 5.00 I watch these off air - do I have to have this?
DVR fee 5.00
addt rcv fee 5.00 (I have old rcv on another TV - no can't hook to new 622)
new rcv rent 6.00

TOTAL 93.99

You could go with the dvr advantage pack for the top 250 at $59.99 a month and that will include your locals and one dvr fee so you will save $ 3.98 a month doing this over the way you described. THen you will have to pay the $20.00 for the hd pack either way since it is an hd receiver you lease , so that puts it at $79.99 a month right there. Then the extra additional receiver fee will be either 5.00 for an sd recevier or 6.00 for a hd receiver. THe question is will the 622 be the main receiver on your account. If it is, then there is no lease fee and then you would have additional receiver fee for the other receiver . So lets put this together for you :

(Dvr advantage pack top 250 with locals and one dvr fee - you save $3.98)
$59.99
(one additional receiver fee
sd 5.00/ hd 6.00 )
$5.00
(HD pack )
$20.00
------------------------------------------------------
$ 84.99

Now if they put the main receiver as the one on the other tv then you will see a 6.00 lease fee instead of 5.00 for the additional receiver fee. Also if the extra receiver is a dvr then you will get hit with a $5.98 dvr on that receiver and your bill would then be $91.97 a month. They only discount one dvr fee on the dvr advantage pack.

You can waive the $5 locals and still get them via OTA but you will not get guide data.

What is "new rcv rent" ?? I just looked at my bill and have no add'l charge, that is, a DVR gets charged a "dvr" fee while a non-DVR gets charged a "lease" fee. I could be wrong about that though ... pretty sure I'm right about that. Look at the attached.

Your bill will be the same as mine with (2) differences: You won't have the add'l $5.99 for DHPP (it's credited back to me on another part of the bill, by the way since I committed to 18-months). You WILL have the 2nd receiver fee for your older box. The DVR fee is $5.98, as you can see, not $5.00, and the locals price is "built-in" to my AT250 price.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 176
I was also thinking about doing this same deal which would add $20 per month for hd minus $10 for 10 months but with a $5.98 per month lease fee and $49 initial fee. I would need the 622 with dvr for 2 tv's. My other option would be to purchase the 622 for $149 one time fee and then I would own it with no lease fee. Is that good deal or can you purchase that for less somewhere else? If I did purchase it at that price , I would break even at 17 months and then save money each month after that.

hall, why are you wasting $5.99 a month on the dhpp?

you should also switch the the DVR advantage and save another $3.98 (the plan includes dhpp service as well)

I don't waste anything. They credit me $5.99 in a different section of the bill. When my 18 months is up, I'll probably switch to the DVR advantage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts