AEP and DVR fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishBillingQuestion

Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
Englewood, CO
I remember reading here a while back that if you have AEP, the DVR fees are waived. I tried searching, but couldn't find anything recent about this, and couldn't find anything on the DN website. I am looking to add Showtime, but at 89.99 for the package, if the 5.98 is waived, for an extra $5 dollars, getting HBO and the other channels would be worth it.

DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 200 47.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE 5.00
STARZ SUPER PAK 12.99
WITH LOCALS 0.00
Account Charges $ 71.96
Add Showtime 12.99
New Account Charges $ 84.95

Am I missing anything? Would my total then be:

America's Everything Pak 89.99
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE 5.00
Account Charges $ 94.99

Or does AEP no longer waive the DVR fees? (I have a 522 I think, only the one receiver.)

Yes if you have AEP they still waive the DVR fee.

AEP always waives all DVR fees on the account. However, it does NOT waive additional receiver fees, program access fees on dual tuner receivers that aren't plugged into a phone line (any phone line, it doesn't matter), lease fees, or any other fee. :)

See ya
Tony

With DVR Advantage or AEP, there is no "access" fee if you are plugged into a phone line, and the DVR fees are included.

With DVR Advantage or AEP, there is no "access" fee if you are plugged into a phone line, and the DVR fees are included.

EXCEPT on additional dvr receivers. IF you have 2- 622s then you will get a dvr fee on the extra dvr after the first for $5.98 and you will get an additional receiver fee also of $6.00 for hd /5.00 for sd receiver. THe dvr advantage pack only covers the one dvr on your account. ****ALL FEES ARE PER RECEIVER not per account.

Directv doesn't charge per receiver and if you do their dvr plus hd pack you get no dvr fees and their equivalent of top 250 with locals and their hd access fee is included for $69.99. Still have to pay additional receiver fees but they only charge 4.99 per extra receiver and it doesn't matter if it is an sd or hd receiver.

Same thing happened to me, I wanted to add HBO but it was only a few dollars more for the AEP since they waive the DVR fees. Been on the AEP for almost 2 years now and am much happier :) My bill is 99.99 a month. I have the AEP and locals and $5.00 extra for the second 522 I have.

Having just ordered an upgrade myself (adding the HD package) I can tell you that the fees are what makes this all so darn confusing.

As of tomorrow I will have :
a VIP622 replacing my 625
DVR Advantage
AT250 add-on
2 Premiums (HBO and Cinemax)
Locals
HD package

They are telling me my bill will be $104.99. I went through about 4 CSRs and they all gave me different prices. I'm going to wait until I see the first bill, but I think I'm being over-charged. I just got so fed up with trying to figure out the pricing that I just went ahead and ordered it and hoped for the best. I've had good experiences with Dish when it comes to having billing explained in detail and if corrections are necessary, they make them without quibbling.

Dishbuilder should show you EXACTLY what you'll see on your bill. When fees are "surprises" they are not well received. If you know up front exactly how much you're paying it's a lot easier to make a decision.

Edit - ok I did some pencil pushing here and I think I figured out where the pricing is coming from and I'm an idiot (not Dish) because I forgot to add in a leased receiver fee. I still stand by my previous assertion that the fees make it more confusing than it needs to be.

Last edited:
you also count to account for taxes i have the at250,locals,hd , with hbo and max i think my billis around $110. yea the way they have it is very confusing, especially when the numbers dont add up. they were at first charging me $130, and at that time i didnt even have any premium channels even though they were charging me for them. reading the fees and so forth on this website is alot clearer than dish net is , so its a good idea to read the info that is on website first, that will clear up alot of those "fees" and pray you get someone on the phone who know what they are talking about

I thought you didn't have to pay a lease fee on the primary receiver. Actually... I OWN the other receiver (a 508 which has no DVR fee) so there's only one leased receiver on this account. I kept thinking or reading... or reading WRONG and thinking... that with the DVR Advantage, they waived the lease fee on the primary receiver... and if you had a HD receiver it is considered the primary.... Dish is telling me I'll still have the lease fee so somehow I understood something wrong apparently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)