ballysports with Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Okay, I know this may sound dumb but how would Ballysports know I'm using Dish if I use at&t for my internet with the roku?
Because you would have to use your TV Provider log in to access it.

When you open the app, it will ask who your TV Provider is, there is not a option for Dish, YTTV, Hulu Live since they do not carry the channels, but there is for DirecTV, Comcast, Charter and others since they do carry the channels, so then with those providers, you can access it.

Reactions: SamCdbs and Bobby
Okay, I know this may sound dumb but how would Ballysports know I'm using Dish if I use at&t for my internet with the roku?
To watch Bally's Sports on a Roku, you need a login from a pay TV provider. Your internet provider is irrelevant, so it doesn't matter if you use AT&T or Comcast or Charter or anyone else for internet access. What matters is who your TV provider is. First, you have to have a TV provider like Dish or DirecTV or cable from Comcast or U-Verse. Sometimes this may be the same company as your internet access, but it may be a different company

Second, your TV provider has to carry Bally Sports on their system. Dish network does not, so if your TV provider you plan to login with is Dish Network, you will not be able to watch Bally Sports on your Roku. You'll need to switch to your local cable company or DirecTV

Dish will never have any more RSN's. This company is going to go bankrupt in a few years with their price increases and subsequent loss of channels.
Yeah, sure, what with their net going up not down every year. For instance Dish's net income increased 25.95% from 2019 to 2020 but that's nothing. From 2020 thru Sept 30 2021 Dish's net went up, you ready for this, 82.53%! Why at that rate they'll be belly up in 50 years (maybe, maybe not)! :rolleyes:

DISH Network Net Income 2006-2021 | DISH

• Wow
Reactions: zippyfrog
Yeah, sure, what with their net going up not down every year. For instance Dish's net income increased 25.95% from 2019 to 2020 but that's nothing. From 2020 thru Sept 30 2021 Dish's net went up, you ready for this, 82.53%! Why at that rate they'll be belly up in 50 years (maybe, maybe not)! :rolleyes:

That is unbelievable. I remember in the quarterly investors call after Dish dropped the (at that time) Fox Sports RSN's and Charlie Ergen said something to the effect that there was a large cash flow.

And if that statement is true, it should really piss people off then!...All these shut downs, little to no sports.....Sounds like prices should be going down in my opinion!

little to no sports
For the past three months, I've been recording from 10-15 football games every week. Also, there's been lot's of golf, I've recorded both men's and women's golf almost every week year round. There's also soccer, baseball, hockey, tennis, tons of basketball, etc, etc. I subscribe to the Top 200, no premiums at all. A recorded football game only takes about an hour to watch, and I still don't have time to watch all the games I record.

Perhaps they don't carry the exact sports that you want to watch, or the specific team you care about, but to say there is "little to no sports" is an exaggeration which cuts into your credibility and argument.

I don't care about the regional sports channels. I watch a sport for the sake of the sport, regardless of who's playing. But, that's just me. If you feel differently, then there are other television choices which may offer your particular team's regional sports channel. I'm glad I don't have to contribute to paying so you can watch your favorite team. To each his own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)