Band stop filter issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peenie

Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
new york
speaking of band stop filters. I am having a real problem with losing my hd signal only. i have 5 receivers 1 hd dvr and 2 hd and 2 standard receivers with cinema plus hooked to internet through deca. I am losing only hd signals i was told i need band stop filters on my non hd receivers or i could lose signal on hd is this true??? need help DTV wants to charge me 100 to comeout and look..........

No

You do need band stop filters on your standard receivers but only if your system is hooked to the internet otherwise you could lose signal on your standard receivers.

Regardless, band stop filters should have been installed on your standard receivers. If they were not, then IMO the install was not done properly.

I also think you would have been wise with that much equipment to pay the $5.99 a month for service protection (IMO).

All that being said, call them back and explain that BS Filters should have been put on the receivers to start with and you should not have to pay for a service call if the installation was incomplete or done poorly. If this does not work, ask how to get in touch with the "office of the president". Usually calls that reach there are taken care of properly.

Good luck

That is such crap. CSR's from Directv will tell customers anything to either get them to pay for a service call, or upgrade to a new 2 year commitment.

Either way, sounds like a peak issue to me.

That is such crap. CSR's from Directv will tell customers anything to either get them to pay for a service call, or upgrade to a new 2 year commitment.

I have as much issues sometimes with CSR's as the next tech but in their defense, all they know is what they are told.
They (for the most part) could not peak an 18" dish if you handed it to them.
Also, D* (E* is no different) created this monster where not only do they not train them properly to trouble shoot, but monitor their call times making it more important for them to get the customer off the phone then actually help them.

They do the same things to us techs at times too.
For example, you know at times when you go on a trouble call that you need to reinstall the entire system taking 3 hours and more money in materials then the pay.
However, you can find a way to fix that system costing you only a couple dollars and be out in less then an hour knowing it will break again (i.e. cascading a 6x8).
What do most techs do? Take the easy way out because doing it right is not worth the service call pay.

Does it make it right?

Hell no, but D* created that monster too.

Lets face it, we are all working for a company that cares more about how things look on paper then actually keeping customers happy.

Sounds like the dish is out of alignment, check the signal strength on 99 and 103, not sure which ones they use for your area. Check the mapping when you first sign in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts