Status
Please reply by conversation.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Okay, I thought I knew much more than I did (apparently). For DTV stations you can broadcast 5 SD stations or 1 HD station in your allocated frequency, this is at about 15-20Mbps, correct? Looking at DirecTV6 it currently is running 13 “channels” now do they not have the capacity to juice this up to around 50 HD channels?

I guess to be more "jepoardy" like I'll put it in the form of a question. How much satellite bandwidth is required for HD content? How many HD channels can you brodcast off a single transponder? How many transponders are available on a standard satellite configuration?

slacker9876 said:
Okay, I thought I knew much more than I did (apparently). For DTV stations you can broadcast 5 SD stations or 1 HD station in your allocated frequency
Actually you can get 10 -14 Standard Def Digital Channels in the space of 1 Analog channel.

With the technology today you can get 3 HD Channels to fit in the space of 1 analog channel without no loss of picture quality.

Thanks for the quick response Scott, I love the board you have here!

Wow! I didn't know they could do that much, that is sweet! Sounds like a good enough reason to consider terrestial programming options!

Do you know where I can get the info I am looking for on the satellites?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts