Bandwidth

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scottmoore234

Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Kansas
900,000 E* subscriber pipes that were filled with Distant Network Signals (DNS) & now are wide open, does that mean there will be more room for more HD channels?

I miss my DNS!!!!!!!!

900,000 E* subscriber pipes that were filled with Distant Network Signals (DNS) & now are wide open, does that mean there will be more room for more HD channels?

huh?

The distant channels are locals for NY & LA. They just were added to the DNS receivers. So the exact same banmdwidth is still being used for the NY & LA channels. DNS just can't see the channels.

Actually, Dish might have LOST bandwidth because they are leasing TP15 to NPS/AllAmericanDirect. They had to take the 10 channels or so on there (part of which were the west coast feeds) and put them somewhere else on satellite 119. :)

Sorry Digital Dude for my nasty post. I had an honest question & P Smith puts something up like what is up here. I can still see that his obscene post is still up & you took my response down. Take his post down & I'll contribute to your site with money.

Iceberg, thanks for the information. I'm new to this & only trying to learn.

Last edited:

no problem. I understand where you thought the channels took up space, but Dish can mirror channels in the system

The NY & LA Big 4 are between 240-248 (the original spots many moons ago when Dish was just going). When they started carrying more than just the "Big 4" from an area, they put them in the 8000 area. The channels in the 8000 are a mirror of the 240-248. Same channels just in two spots. Only one channels worth of bandwidth needed

Some areas have a "state" PBS station (Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Iowa are ones that ring a bell). Dish uplinks one channel and "maps" it to each local area

Using Iowa PBS, they have it mapped to 4 channels. Its on channels 8247, 9116, 9146, 9161. Same channel, the reason its mapped in different spots is for each local area so its clustered next to the rest :)

Sorry Digital Dude for my nasty post. I had an honest question & P Smith puts something up like what is up here. I can still see that his obscene post is still up & you took my response down. Take his post down & I'll contribute to your site with money.

So, where is the MONEY goes ?!

Again, this is BROADCAST distibution - no such pipes in space.

[RANT=ON]
And to Iceberg.

You are should resolve issues about posting JOKES in appropriate manner, then follow newbie's order to REMOVE whole post.
There was a joke and TECHNICAL respond, but you delete everything.
Being a Mod and having a power to do that suggest using more skills they follow orders. :(
[RANF=OFF]

Well instead of posting some help to the newbie you decided to post something not related to the question. Instead of slamming people, why dont you help out the new people with their questions instead of attacking them then using the "report bad post" when they retaliate? Thats why I nuked most of the posts because it was not needed on both accounts. Everyone here was a newbie at one time so we should help out everyone no matter how goofy the question sounds.
There are lots of people who aren't as technically savvy as others so their question may sound stupid to you but may be an honest question to them.

So lets help people and check the ego at the door

May be I would agree on first part of my old post ( man, it was a joke, can't get how you read all those posts here ) as frivolous joke, but it was absolutely not 'slamming people' type. And second part was the technical respond.
That was his overreaction in inappropriate manner with using personal insulting definitions.
I don't know how you did reading here, but really out of Mod grace.

I feel strongly both ways! :D

Having seen other posts from PS, I knew it was a joke; but the new guy did not. However, even without knowing anyone's personal traits, character, and/or humorous nature, I think he would have been more tolerant of the post had more explanation been given.

Well, there's another freaken opinion!:tux:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)