Banner question

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I have a question concerning the banner that appears on the tv screen when changing channels. I have noticed with my 722 it only shows HD as normal, it does not show anything regarding SD. Is this just a setting? I run my 722 in dual mode, connecting hy hdtv via hdmi.

HD will appear in large transparent type on the banner's right side but only for Dish HD channels.
SD and OTA channels do not show this nor say anything special.
The words Normal/Stretch/Partial Zoom/Zoom/Gray Bar appear in a box below the banner at the left.
The Format (*) key switches through these modes. On TV2 you get a shorted list in Dual mode.
What you see does not depend on your connection method (HDMI/Component/Composite/RF).
-Ken

The 222's show the display for both HD and SD on the banner at the same time. I rather like that, but I'm an information hog.

The 222's show the display for both HD and SD on the banner at the same time. I rather like that, but I'm an information hog.

Evidently, this depends on the model of the receiver. I would think that if the 222 showed this information, then the 722 would since it is now the top of the line receiver........at least until the 922 comes out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts