Adding Receiver to existing set up

abisdabis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Western PA
I currently have a Vip 722 connected to two tv's. The first tv is my HD. I connect to the second tv using the existing coax that we used for cable. I have a 1000.2 and a wing dish for 61.5. I have a switch on the back of the house that the two satellited connect to. My questoin is......what do I need to do to add a second 722 to my upstairs tv? I want the 722 in the basement to stay where it is and terminate the connection upstairs. I am fairly competent with configuring components but I am not sure of the exact configuration I need. Any help would be appreciated.

I fail to see the need for the switch on the back of the house. The 1000.2 has a built-in DishPro Plus switch capable of serving 3 receivers, including 3 dual-tuner receivers such as the 722, with a single coax to each.

I fail to see the need for the switch on the back of the house. The 1000.2 has a built-in DishPro Plus switch capable of serving 3 receivers, including 3 dual-tuner receivers such as the 722, with a single coax to each.

I can take a picture of it when I get home tonight. Maybe it is not a switch?

Hmmm, maybe not. Anyhow, prepare yourself mentally to run 2 (or 3 to prepare for the future) cables all the way from receiver to the LNB assembly on the 1000.2. The wing dish should be connected to the 1000.2 input, although in some installations this might be difficult if the dish itself must be mounted far away from the 1000.2 to gain LOS to 61.5.

Maybe the installer gave you a DPP44 switch? If so, then all you need contemplate is another cable from receiver to the switch on the back of the house, and not all the way up to your 1000.2. I still say the switch is superfluous unless your two dishes are in opposite directions from your house.

Last edited:
Hmmm, maybe not. Anyhow, prepare yourself mentally to run 2 (or 3 to prepare for the future) cables all the way from receiver to the LNB assembly on the 1000.2. The wing dish should be connected to the 1000.2 input, although in some installations this might be difficult if the dish itself must be mounted far away from the 1000.2 to gain LOS to 61.5.

Maybe the installer gave you a DPP44 switch? If so, then all you need contemplate is another cable from receiver to the switch on the back of the house, and not all the way up to your 1000.2. I still say the switch is superfluous unless your two dishes are in opposite directions from your house.

It is indeed a switch. So I just need to run the cable from the receiver to the switch and that is it?

It is indeed a switch. So I just need to run the cable from the receiver to the switch and that is it?
Probably yes. I'm surprised that an installer would give you a DPP44, though, since it's rather pricey. What does your 722 say it's hooked to? Try Menu 6-1-3 in the Device line?

Probably yes. I'm surprised that an installer would give you a DPP44, though, since it's rather pricey. What does your 722 say it's hooked to? Try Menu 6-1-3 in the Device line?

It says DP44.

Would it be possible with the proposed configuration to share the DVR in the basment or do they have to be two totally separate receivers? For example we record (we being my wife) something on the basement DVR. Currently we can watch it in the bedroom. If I add a new receiver into the mix I will loose the ability to do that....correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts