Adding receiver help

mjknight

Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Michigan
Hi - newbie here so bare with me. We just upgraded to HD about 5 months ago and now we just purchased another HDTV for our bedroom. Since I have a 222k in the living room and can only get HD on one tv, we decided to purchase a 211k receiver for the bedroom. I can't upgrade again so soon, so I had to purchase the receiver online.

Now, I need to hook it up. Is there a diagram or something that we can view? I am not sure exactly what dish we have but I know that they took out the old and put in a new one.

It is my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) that there is another connection on the dish that we hook cable to and then run that into the house to the bedroom. I need to call dish to have the new receiver activated. Then what? Do I program all of the settings to be same as the other one?

I am capable of doing all of this but since I have not done it before, I just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly. I couldn't see paying $95 for an installation charge for something that I am sure is easy to do and by these forums, it seems that a lot people do it themselves. I just need to be pointed in the right direction if I am going the wrong way.

Thanks for your help!!

Yes, you can do it yourself. You very likely have a 1000.2 (western arc) or 1000.4 (eastern arc) dish with integrated triple LNB and DishPro Plus switch. Hit the menu 6-1-3 and it should say what you have. If you have international channels on 118, then ignore what I'm about to say.

The 1000.n dishes have an integrated switch inside the LNB feedhorn assembly with 3 outputs and one (probably unused) input. You have to remove a couple of screws and pull the head out so you can get at the other outputs. This assumes you don't already have more than one cable already coming down from the antenna. Attach another RG6 cable to one of the free outputs, and feed that through the support arm and down to your new 211. If you don't really torque the dish or arm, the alignment will not be disturbed by this operation.

Thank you for your help. We will be tackling this project this weekend when the receiver comes in. If I have any more problems, I will be back online!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts