Barcelona vs. Real Madrid: the biggest game of the year LIVE! 11/20 at 3:58 PM EST

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
The Biggest Game of the Year!
Live on WorldSport: Saturday, November 20, at 3:58 PM EST

_barcelona_.gif
Barcelona vs.
_real_madrid2_.gif
Real Madrid

These are the top two clubs in Spain and arguably the best two soccer teams in the world!
This is always one of the most anticipated events of the season!

A new episode of La Liga pre-game show starts as always 30 minutes before the game (around 3:27 PM).

For the latest schedules and standings, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD

Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

From Paul

Busy few days ahead of us.

The BIG one tomorrow: Barca - Madrid, building up to be a great game (although sometimes you can get let down).

I'm seeing some friends in Barcelona tonight for a birthday party, but hope to be bright eyed and busy tailed tomorrow night to see Ronaldinho and company....

The game sold out weeks ago, 98,000 in the Camp Nou and you are lucky because industrial disputes and agruements about rights mean half of Spain may not get to see the game (That is like a blackout for the Superbowl or something like that!!!!!)

Spain beat England in a friendly on Wednesday (1-0) but the result was in second place after around 30,000 Spain fans made monkey noises every time England's black players touched the ball.

It was really dreadful, the worst i have ever seen in a football ground (the Bernabeu) and even Tony Blair has become involved!!

Changing the subject: people want to know what we look like: One of us appears in a piece "I want to be like Iker" in tomorrow's LA LIGA programme.

I won't say who, but i will say he is wearing a fantastic T-shirt!!!!! (opinions accepted post game)

Enjoy Saturday, it should be great.
cheers PAUL

Well I for one am excited about this game. I invited something like 40 people over to my house to watch (I expect around half that number to actually show).

Hopefully the broadcast won't be plagued by any of the technical difficulties that we've seen in some of the recent games :p

-F

Thanks for the note Ilya. We'll be watching. (Spanish League Soccer is certainly a better quality than the games I've seen elsewhere)

Tvlman said:
Thanks for the note Ilya. We'll be watching. (Spanish League Soccer is certainly a better quality than the games I've seen elsewhere)
No problem! I am really excited. Can't wait to see this game tomorrow!

The last two meetings of the teams:

Code:
04/25/2004 Real Madrid  1 : 2  Barcelona
12/06/2003 Barcelona    1 : 2  Real Madrid
04/19/2003 Real Madrid  1 : 1  Barcelona
11/23/2002 Barcelona    0 : 0  Real Madrid
03/16/2002 Barcelona    1 : 1  Real Madrid  
11/04/2001 Real Madrid  2 : 0  Barcelona  
03/03/2001 Real Madrid  2 : 2  Barcelona  
10/21/2000 Barcelona    2 : 0  Real Madrid  
02/26/2000 Real Madrid  3 : 0  Barcelona  
10/13/1999 Barcelona    2 : 2  Real Madrid
By the way, this is going to be a very special game for Ronaldinho: it will be the first time he plays against fellow countryman Ronaldo and also his first Barca vs Madrid derby in the Nou Camp!

Ok!! I'm in Riversida (CA)... anyone know where I could watch the game!? I've just moved in a few weeks ago (from Barcelona) and I don't have WorldSport channel, so I don't know if there's any place in LA or around where I could watch it... any idea?

Anyway... if I can't make it, I'll be here to answer any question you want to make me as I follow La Liga quite a lot :D Thanks!!

Jarnel said:
Ok!! I'm in Riversida (CA)... anyone know where I could watch the game!? I've just moved in a few weeks ago (from Barcelona) and I don't have WorldSport channel, so I don't know if there's any place in LA or around where I could watch it... any idea?

Anyway... if I can't make it, I'll be here to answer any question you want to make me as I follow La Liga quite a lot :D Thanks!!
Welcome to the forum, Jarnel!

I don't know if there are sports bars with VOOM in your area, but if you are really desperate, go to the nearest Sears store and see if they have VOOM on display. Switch it to channel 123 and enjoy the game!

The second best thing: come join our live game-time chat here at SatelliteGuys! Great to have one more football fan here, especially the one who just moved from Barcelona... :) Looking forward to your comments!

Hey thanks!

I have no idea where to find a Sears store... so, if I don't find it and I have to listen :( the game, you can bet I'll be on your live game-time chat!!

Thanks!!

Oh! My bet is 4-1, Barcelona wins the game of course... :cool:

Jarnel said:
Oh! My bet is 4-1, Barcelona wins the game of course... :cool:
I also think Barcelona wins today. They are playing too well this season! Though I think it will be a more close match-up. 2:1 perhaps?
Any other bets?

Hey, the game starts in less than 3 hours!

Flambe said:
Hopefully the broadcast won't be plagued by any of the technical difficulties that we've seen in some of the recent games :p

-F

There are so many feeds involved in the transmission. Not only does that
create many outlets for problems, but it also makes it very hard to
troubleshoot. We have a feed from Spain to Atlanta, from Atlanta to NY
from NY to each of you. You get the idea...

However, I just got our first transmission from Spain and all looks good so far... very exciting! I have my fingers crossed that everything goes well.

As always, La Liga will air before the game, and I do have to say we have a very stylish announcer.

Hi Matt! Looking forward to it!
Hey, is it possible to increase the volume level of the background "crowd" noise, especially on surround channels? I think it makes it more exciting... as if you are there!

I will be checking in as often as possible today, so feel free to post questions/comments...

Am I allowed to make a prediction?
I'm going with Real 2-1, the AD here with me has Barca 2-1!

I am going with Matt since everyone is going with Barca. My score 3-2. I know big score but who knows.

"very stylish announcer" --- I can't miss that!

Ilya said:
Hi Matt! Looking forward to it!
Hey, is it possible to increase the volume level of the background "crowd" noise, especially on surround channels? I think it makes it more exciting... as if you are there!

We are going to look into our options on doing this today... of course we don't want to risk changing any settings and creating possible issues so close to kickoff!

Under 1-hour.

Back on the audio subject... What we have found is that making even small changes sometimes can change the consistency of the feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)