Barry Bonds and his PR problem

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Barry, I have the solution to all your PR problems, and this will get you in the HOF on the first ballot. The answer is simple - Retire immedietely after hitting homer #754. This would deflect all the steroid questions,and would endear you to all your other detractors. Instead of everyone debating about how you broke the record, the debate would become about how many you would have hit if you kept playing. Just a suggestion, but it would rate high on my list of classiness.

Barry, I have the solution to all your PR problems, and this will get you in the HOF on the first ballot. The answer is simple - Retire immedietely after hitting homer #754. This would deflect all the steroid questions,and would endear you to all your other detractors. Instead of everyone debating about how you broke the record, the debate would become about how many you would have hit if you kept playing. Just a suggestion, but it would rate high on my list of classiness.

Good one Paul....now if we can ONLY get this to him.....:D

i don't know quitting at 754 would almost be like a tacit admission that something was wrong.

Do you know anybody who doesn't suspect he used steroids? The catch 22 of this whole situation is that so far no proof has been proffered, YET. Furthermore, it wasn't against the rules when (and if) he did. No obvious solutions to the steroid problem here, but I still think retirement is a good idea. It's the honorable thing to do. I believe he used roids, and would not break the record if he hadn't. Aaron did the old fashioned way - He earned it.

Last edited:
barry bonds has a public relations problem.......wow, who would have thunk it. btw, he hit 2 at wrigley this afternoon.......only 3 more to break hammerin' hanks record.

barry bonds has a public relations problem.......wow, who would have thunk it. btw, he hit 2 at wrigley this afternoon.......only 3 more to break hammerin' hanks record.

I had heard someone mention Paul's senario before.
Break the record then leave...
I would be happy.

Come on A-rod !!!

Jimbo

I had heard someone mention Paul's senario before.
Break the record then leave...
I would be happy.

Come on A-rod !!!

Jimbo

actually, barry should retire after hitting 754.....heck, i don't mind if he tied and then retired. we all know that won't happen.

as for a-rod, he certainly has a good shot, if he stays healthy. but so did ken griffey jr. before he got traded to the reds and became injury prone!

Damn...what could have been.....

IF Griffey, would NOT have gotten hurt all those early years of his stint in Cinncinati...we would be celebrating Griffey getting close to Hank and not this moron.....:(

Damn...what could have been.....

IF Griffey, would NOT have gotten hurt all those early years of his stint in Cinncinati...we would be celebrating Griffey getting close to Hank and not this moron.....:(

Don't count out Griffey yet. I know it isn't really likely, but if he were to stay healthy and play as long as Bonds is now, he could do it just averaging 35 HR's in 5 years.

Don't count out Griffey yet. I know it isn't really likely, but if he were to stay healthy and play as long as Bonds is now, he could do it just averaging 35 HR's in 5 years.

LMAO....if he was 35! But, I doubt he could do that now at his age and his propensity to get injured. But damn it would be nice....:D

LMAO....if he was 35! But, I doubt he could do that now at his age and his propensity to get injured. But damn it would be nice....:D

He has 24 HR's right now.

Yeah probably not likely but it would be nice. :D

It's good hearing everyone praising someone for a change. (Just look at the other threads here), we've got so little that's positive to write about lately. I too, wish this was the "summer of Griffey", then again, maybe it is. He's poised to pass 600HR's. I know I'd rather be writing about somebody who has actually been an example of what is right in sports, instead of Vick, Pacman, Bonds and corrupt referees.
Lets give Jr. a standing "O". Thanks for being a standup athlete in these troubled times!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)