Barry Bonds and his PR problem

McGwire actually got 123 votes (23.5% of the voters). The difference between he and Bonds is that Bonds had HOF numbers before his alleged steroid usage.

Probably true, but don't forget that McGuire set the rookie hr record with 49 in 1987. Do you think he was juicing then? I don't know, but I doubt he was. Had he stayed clean, he still would have put up some amazing numbers.

absolutely, i think junior is one of the few class acts in sports....not to mention, a pretty fine ball player. i say he gets to cooperstown on the first ballot!

as much as i appreciate the guy in a reds uni, he might be better served in the american league as a designated hitter. i think he could, easily, play another 5 years in that situation!

Probably true, but don't forget that McGuire set the rookie hr record with 49 in 1987. Do you think he was juicing then? I don't know, but I doubt he was. Had he stayed clean, he still would have put up some amazing numbers.

Heck yea he was there has been juice in baseball since the 80's.

LMAO....if he was 35! But, I doubt he could do that now at his age and his propensity to get injured. But damn it would be nice....:D

Why not ???
Barry didn't start hitting the majority of his home runs till age 37.
Sure he had a lot, but nothing to say he was going to expolde like he did since he turned 37.

Jimbo

Now, now, Jimbo; we all have our suspicions how that happened, don't we. Those numbers are the reason we are suspicious, at least that's why I'm suspicious.

Do the right thing Barry - Retire after #754!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts