barry melrose to coach tampa lightning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
i guess the worst kept secret in hockey will be formally announced tuesday at the tampa lightning's new head coach. the rumor about barry melrose broke during the stanley cup playoffs but he flat denied it on the air. this was before new ownership was named and approved.

its been 12 years since melrose coached the la kings but they did have a semi-decent player named gretzky at the time. so, looks like the nhl isn't returning to espn anytime soon!!

He never actually totally denied it. He skirted the truth with what he said.

He never actually totally denied it. He skirted the truth with what he said.

And he had to at the time.

Now, does ESPN have anyone left to give comment on the NHL now, seeing they get a :30 sec blip every few weeks anyways.

I really wish ESPN would at least cover the sport, then we wouldn't have to deal with 24/7 NBA coverage after the NFL is over.

Jimbo

you know though, i'm tempted to take a mini-tampa vacation later in the year and catch a couple of bolts games. the addition of steven stamkos (beside vinny lecavier and martin st. louis) and the mullett would be worth the money for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts