Baseball Hall of Fame voting 2013

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well they just announced it

NOBODY was voted in by writers this year (4th time ever...last in 1996)

Biggio was highest vote getter at around 68%

Absolutely CRIMINAL that Mike Piazza did not make it. There is absolutely no excuse. None. Zip. Zilch. I am beside myself in anger and outrage right now.

The holier than thou BBWAA strikes again.

I would have voted for

Clemens
Bonds
Schilling
Morris
Piazza
Raines
McGriff
Murphy

Of course 3 of those guys should have already been in.

And to think a compiler like Biggio, who was never a top 10 player got the highest percentage shows what frauds these voters are.

Wow they should of elected Biggio and Piazza at least :) Like I heard Ruth and others earlier deacdes did amphetamines and those are PED :)

today i heard Mike Piazza got a book coming out next year so i think the writer will stay away from him until the book come out, just in case

Absolutely CRIMINAL that Mike Piazza did not make it. There is absolutely no excuse. None. Zip. Zilch. I am beside myself in anger and outrage right now.
I agree. The best offensive catcher of all time.

But what is even sadder, when he does go in (which he will) it will be as a friggen Met.

Jack Morris should be in as well.

The voters have ruined it for everyone with their better than thou attitudes.

They say you get close like Biggio and Morris and you'll typically get in the next time around, many said this would be the time with the almost sure shot players that are coming on board next year ....

Now I really have doubt that Morris will make it at all, next year is his last ...

For MANY YEAR they all said that Morris wouldn't make it in till Blyleven made it, Blyleven made it, by then Morris was what 12 years in already ?

I think alot of voters aren't voting for him because they didn't LIKE him.

Too many voters decide if so and so isn't in this guy isn't getting in ...

What makes me Hall worthy on my 5th or 10 ballot and not my 1st or 2nd, the stats haven't changed.

Player (Years on ballot) Total Votes Percentage
Craig Biggio (1) 388 68.2
Jack Morris (14) 385 67.7
Jeff Bagwell (3) 339 59.6
Mike Piazza (1) 329 57.8
Tim Raines (6) 297 52.2
Lee Smith (11) 272 47.8
Curt Schilling (1) 221 38.8
Roger Clemens (1) 214 37.6
Barry Bonds (1) 206 36.2
Edgar Martinez (4) 204 35.9
Alan Trammell (12) 191 33.6
Larry Walker (3) 123 21.6
Fred McGriff (4) 118 20.7
Dale Murphy (15) 106 18.6
Mark McGwire (7) 96 16.9
Don Mattingly (13) 75 13.2
Sammy Sosa (1) 71 12.5
Rafael Palmeiro (3) 50 8.8

Not only should the writers vote but players in the hall should vote. That way it's fair.

Good point.

I'll go a step further, I think the writers, the players in the Hall should be able to vote, but ONLY if you want to, not like the Heisman where everyone gets a vote and many don't pay attention, but also I think the Announcers like Scully and company, should have that option, again, not all, you have to be approved.
That should go far all the voters, you have to still be following the game, wonder how many of these current voters actually watch all these players, these rules were put in place in 1936 and haven't changed at all, don't you think there are better ways available now ? (not to you guys specifically)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)