Baseball Keeps 'Extra Innings' on Cable-What About Cablevision ?

Why did they go through the trouble of setting up the MLB channels on the cable tier , if they had no intentions of carrying the games . dosen't quite make sense

Hey, moron this forum is for serious posts,no package is available from Cablevision so stop starting rumors , baseball fans right now are close to tearing down their local CBV outlets, We don't need you to fuel the fire

Moron?!?!?! Are you kidding me? It is available on Cablevision in Fairfield County. Go to channel 420 and see what the chanell description says. I spoke to a Cablevision Rep yesterday and he told me what chanels it was on. He also told me the price was $179 and that the price was good until June 9th.

Hey, moron this forum is for serious posts,no package is available from Cablevision so stop starting rumors , baseball fans right now are close to tearing down their local CBV outlets, We don't need you to fuel the fire

Bravo.
I speak to CableVision every single day, and they are NOT offering it now, and maybe never. For anyone to come on here and say it is being sold is cruel for us die hards.
Im curious, there must be someone on this forum in works for cablevision, or is in the industry, I wonder, is CV fradulent to put the listings up on their schedule as sort of a bait and switch?

Dave, I called the corporate office today in Bethpage, I talked to someone Who seems to be well informed , the issue is MLB is insisting that their MLB Network is added to the basic tier of all the cable providers. Because Cablevision and a few other companies do not fall under the In Demand blanket,they don't automatically profit from agreeing adding the baseball channel. It actually will come down to another $2 month to add it to the basic package , and customers don't like anything added to their bill automatically. She insists that the office is being flooded with calls everyday and they are still heavy into resolving the issue. as for the stations , they have them set up and ready to go at a moments notice. I think they realize that they risk losing a chunk of their customers , for basically a $2 a month increase. So I'll keep posting as new info is available.

Dave, I called the corporate office today in Bethpage, I talked to someone Who seems to be well informed , the issue is MLB is insisting that their MLB Network is added to the basic tier of all the cable providers. Because Cablevision and a few other companies do not fall under the In Demand blanket,they don't automatically profit from agreeing adding the baseball channel. It actually will come down to another $2 month to add it to the basic package , and customers don't like anything added to their bill automatically. She insists that the office is being flooded with calls everyday and they are still heavy into resolving the issue. as for the stations , they have them set up and ready to go at a moments notice. I think they realize that they risk losing a chunk of their customers , for basically a $2 a month increase. So I'll keep posting as new info is available.

Thank you Rooster(Hmm related to Rick Burleson?):)

It seems the only power we have now, as it IS a numbers game, is for everyone that has CBV and wants EI to call, as I spoke to a CSR today, she says all the calls are recorded.
Sadly, you can call 1 or 1000 times, it is only registered as ONE person complaining, BUT as the week goes on maybe if they get to a tipping point with the calls, they will decide it would cost them MORE to LOSE EI then to GET it, so everyone call
:)

Look, I have nothing to gain by starting rumors. I am simply passing along information the CSR told me. To be honest with you I can care less. I get the Mets on SNY anyway. Good luck.

I told the rep that if they polled all the subscribers , offered them the MLB package for the year for only an extra $2 a month , how many people would refuse it??? , Even if they are Met or Yankee fans they would jump at the chance for only $2

I am getting more frustrated by the moment. Anyone have the number to corporate at Beth Page? I want to give them a piece of my mind. Got off the phone with a supervisor and she suggested I get Direct TV for the MLB package and keep my phone and internet. I went crazy.

Rooster- I talked with someone with a British accent (I think). She told me the same thing about them "activly" discussing them carry the MLB Channel. I think it really is going to work out but it really comes down when. I told her I cannot wait forever and she said senior people know how important this is. Is this who you talked to? I am having some other people call also.

Yes.. Her name is Barbara , that's exactly Who I have been talking to, Hopefully it will work out , I tend to believe Her when She says that they realize what is at stake here

Last edited:
James Dolan was interviewed this afternoon on the Mike & the Mad Dog Program on WFAN. Toward the end of the interview, he was asked if Cablevision will have the MLB package this season. Dolan said, "I think we'll get a deal done."

He was also asked if he'll put the MLB Channel on Basic Cable. His response was, "We could. We have to work out the details. We want a deal like they cut with the other guys." When asked about the state of their negotiations, Dolan said, "We're close. I hope we'll get it done soon."

If you're interested, you can hear the entire interview at wfan.com.

very good. Now let's hope MOJO (former INHD) gets the MLB games back. I sent them an email and they said that they are working on this and hope to have them soon.

mlb-ppv-ppg?

I wish that MLB or CV would have a pay per view by game package just like the ppv movies or events(pay per game) I just want to watch the Red Sox games since I am out of the NESN "market" (its strange that where I live in CT it is called Southern NEW ENGLAND... I don't want to pay over $100 to watch all the other teams I don't really care about... come on Cablevision/MLB smarten up this is a whole new untapped money maker for you guys!!

How much would you want to pay per game? Even if you only watch one team, the whole season at $159 works out to about $1.25 per game. Pay per view would have to be a lot more then that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts