Baseball Legends

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Over the last 9 months baseball has lost 9 legends of the game. In chronological order, Al Kaline, Tom Seaver, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Whitey Ford, Joe Morgan, Tommy Lasorda, Don Sutton and Hank Aaron have passed away. When your childhood heroes start passing on, it does make one ponder your own mortality. God has assembled quite a team in a short period of time. Godspeed, gentlemen. Play ball!!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Sad
Reactions: Howard Simmons
IMG_4264.JPG

Not Baseball Legends per sa, but in about '74 or 75 was mu first trip to Riverfront Stadium ...

I saw plenty of Baseball Legends in that game (s) (went to games there for the next few years).

Pete Rose
Johnny Bench
Joe Morgan
Tony Perez

To name a few that were on those teams.

Others on that team ... (not legends)
Ken Griffey ..... SR.
George Foster
Dave Conception

Not Baseball Legends per sa, but in about '74 or 75 was mu first trip to Riverfront Stadium ...

I saw plenty of Baseball Legends in that game (s) (went to games there for the next few years).

Pete Rose
Johnny Bench
Joe Morgan
Tony Perez

To name a few that were on those teams.

Others on that team ... (not legends)
Ken Griffey ..... SR.
George Foster
Dave Conception

And just to complete that great Reds team every day lineup- Gold Glove CF- Cesar Geronimo

That Reds team also had a very underrated pitching staff. Starters- Don Gullett, Jack Billingham , Gary Nolan and Fred Norman and bullpen- Will McEnaney , Rawly Eastwick, Pedro Borbon and Clay Carroll

Last edited:
And just to complete that great Reds team every day lineup- Gold Glove CF- Cesar Geronimo

That Reds team also had a very underrated pitching staff. Starters- Don Gullett, Jack Bellingham, Gary Nolan and Fred Norman and bullpen- Will McEnaney , Rawly Eastwick, Pedro Borbon and Clay Carroll

Yes .. I was going to mention him earlier, but forgot ... he was the one that got the least amount of attention.

I left off a couple of other very notable MLB stars that left us in late 2020: Phil Niekro and Dick Allen. RIP to all the baseball stars that passed in 2020.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Sad
Yes .. I was going to mention him earlier, but forgot ... he was the one that got the least amount of attention.
I hope you got to see one of the guys mentioned in the first post at least once, Tom Seaver landed there in 1977, traded from the Mets for four players you hardly ever heard of. Of course those same Mets traded Nolan Ryan for JIM FREGOSI!! Bitter, no I'm not bitter. Why do you ask?

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
I hope you got to see one of the guys mentioned in the first post at least once, Tom Seaver landed there in 1977, traded from the Mets for four players you hardly ever heard of. Of course those same Mets traded Nolan Ryan for JIM FREGOSI!! Bitter, no I'm not bitter. Why do you ask?
Tom Terrific ... I followed his career as well, was happy when the Reds signed him.
I never saw him pitch in person, but did enjoy watching him on the mound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)