Baseball Playoffs starting TBS-HD?????

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
Is Dish going to drop the ball once again in regards to baseball?
The playoffs start in about a week, and some rounds are on TBS. Any chance DISH will add TBS HD, or will we have to watch it in SD.

HD even when it is not at its best spoils one for watching baseball in SD.

Scott did say that he thought WTBS hd was exclusive to Direct through out the playoffs. I did see where several other cable systems will be adding it in time for the playoffs.

That would be a stupid move if TBSHD was exclusive to D*. They would have a lot of unhappy E* customers to deal with.

One would have to look far and wide to find a more disfunctional bunch than Charlie and MLB. MLB for (if is is true) giving another exclusive to Direct, and Charlie for dropping the ball on the MLB package and now the TBS HD.

Once again billions in infastructure of satellites, and hardware and HD TVs and I still can't watch what I want.

I'd fire Bud Selig tomorrow.

I've grown very tired of major league baseball, and I grew up glued to the game. MLB has a lot of issues to deal with, least of which is HD playoffs on Dish Network.

Certainly a whole nother topic. But I have to disagree with MLB putting playoffs on a HD channel that the largest satellite provider does not carry.

Another example of Bud's "leadership".

Well, if this helps...and you won't be happy. But I email ceo@echostar.com and this was the response I got...

I have forwarded your email to our programming department. We appreciate your email and once we hear any new information regarding these channels I will let you know but as of right now we are not planning on adding either one of the channels this year.

Thank you

Matt Kliewer

Executive Communications

Echostar Satellite LLC

Phone - (720)-514-8213

E-mail: Matt.Kliewer@echostar.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 1:08 PM
To: CEO
Subject: additions

Yes, I am writing simply to ask for two easy answers.

1. Will we have TBS-HD before the MLB playoffs, is Dish even getting this channel in HD?

2. Will there ever be a chance for CMT Pure Country or Logo on Dish Network?

Thanks!

ATR from dish network here (disclaimer-what I say is not an official statement from dish network by any means)

we have added a handful of a HD channels recently, but TBS was not one of them, its possible that it will be available shortly, .......but in time for the mlb playoffs? I would say doubtful

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo! You are telling me that I have to watch Bartman steal another one from the Cubbies, in SD?! Come on now Dish, hook a brother up!

Well, if this helps...and you won't be happy. But I email ceo@echostar.com and this was the response I got...

I have forwarded your email to our programming department. We appreciate your email and once we hear any new information regarding these channels I will let you know but as of right now we are not planning on adding either one of the channels this year.

Thank you

Matt Kliewer

Executive Communications

Echostar Satellite LLC

Phone - (720)-514-8213

E-mail: Matt.Kliewer@echostar.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 1:08 PM
To: CEO
Subject: additions

Yes, I am writing simply to ask for two easy answers.

1. Will we have TBS-HD before the MLB playoffs, is Dish even getting this channel in HD?

2. Will there ever be a chance for CMT Pure Country or Logo on Dish Network?

Thanks!

I sent them an email.

I rest my case. Charlie is clueless when it comes to baseball.

Not clueless at all. He just doesn't like to waste resources on sports. Possibly sports he has no interest in.

We fans want all the resources. He doesn't see where it's cost effective.

We all complain but we all stay with Dish because it's a bit cheaper.

The Mrs. and I are having conversations about switching to DTV because of MLB EI. I tried the internet thing this past season and while it's watchable most times there's still some big issues. I'd rather have the DVR record the game, and in HD.