Basic 2 dish setup for 61.5 and 72.7...what would I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ypsiguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
Ypsilanti, MI
Just for extra connections in the house and the fun of it I have decided to aim a 30 inch dish at EchoStar16 and a 39 inch dish at Nimiq5/Echostar23. I am aiming at the Eastern arc, obviously.

No DVR'ing involved, just a VIP 211k and maybe a Wally, since the circular polarity LNBF's will be dual. I have on order a Dish SW21 switch for the 211k.

Just want to hear any thoughts or if I am missing any little details.

You would want a DPP33 if you can find one or a DPP44 which are common.

I wouldn't even bother with an SW21. I haven't seen one that worked right since the 301/311 days. :)

Cool, thx for the input :) Will look for a DPP33 or 44.

Update: I have a DPP33 on the way!

Looks like a DPP33 does not need a power inserter. Correct?

Also, I have 3 actual DP LNBF’s if the ones I ordered do not work, Krell. I would just need to fatten the feedhorn arm a bit with duct tape to get them to snugly fit.

Question for you all...does skew matter on a circular polarization LNBF? I know it definitely matters on a linear one.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Also, I have 3 actual DP LNBF’s if the ones I ordered do not work. I would just need to fatten the feedhorn arm a bit with duct tape to get them to snugly fit.

Question for you all...does skew matter on a circular polarization LNBF? I know it definitely matters on a linear one.

LNB polarity isn't skewed with circular polarity and it doesn't matter if you skew the dish if you're only looking at one satellite at a time.

As you probably know if the dish is looking at more than one satellite position then the dish has to be skewed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)