Basic cable into 722

Without QAM... 1 HD channel per 6 MHz spectrum.
With QAM... 3 HD channels per 6 MHz spectrum

Gotcha. QAM is not a compression scheme. It only allows for more channels in the same spectrum. That makes perfect sense. :)

No matter how you explain it, QAM allows for more bits to be crammed in the same bandwidth over standard 8VSB. Call it what you want, QAM compresses the signal to allow for more channels in the same bandwidth.

See ya
Tony

I've used my 722 OTA tuner with cable in my RV at campgrounds that supply cable. I had to go to system setup, HDTV setup, and change the Analog Type from "Offair" to "Cable" in order for it to find the channels during scan, but it worked.

I've used my 722 OTA tuner with cable in my RV at campgrounds that supply cable. I had to go to system setup, HDTV setup, and change the Analog Type from "Offair" to "Cable" in order for it to find the channels during scan, but it worked.

Thanks for the confirmation. I couldn't get the 722 to recognize my cable frequency channels. Would you be willing to tell us what cable channel frequencies the 722 is receiving. Thanks.

I've used it several times, the last was at Fort Wilderness in Disney. The campgrounds usually provide very basic cable and it's usually the lower channels, but at Fort Wilderness they had the locals on the lower channels and then some Disney only stuff on higher ones. I can't remember the exact channels but the next time I use it I'll make a note and post them here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts