Basic cable with internet purchase?

brittmer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I am thinking of getting just internet from Cox and was wondering if I will get basic cable channels along with it?
Can I just split off the cable to my TV and get basic cable without anything else?

Thanks.

I am thinking of getting just internet from Cox and was wondering if I will get basic cable channels along with it?
Can I just split off the cable to my TV and get basic cable without anything else?

Thanks.

I doubt you will get basic cable, but you will likely get the clear QAM channels.

Is anyone getting more than just a few QAM channels from Cox? In the metro N.O. area, I only get about 6.....depending on any demand that someone else in the hood may be watching at the time. Seems like other cable operations across the country have lots more in clear QAM than we do.

Is anyone getting more than just a few QAM channels from Cox? In the metro N.O. area, I only get about 6.....depending on any demand that someone else in the hood may be watching at the time. Seems like other cable operations across the country have lots more in clear QAM than we do.

The clear QAM channels are the local digitals and sometimes local access types. If you don't have many locals, you won't have many clear QAM's.

I figured as much but some friends in San Diego with Cox get quite a bit more and other ISPs (TW mostly) offer much, much more. I guess they'd rather get the $$$ for renting their dvr's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)