Basketball's Lauren Hill dies at age 19 after inspirational cancer battle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
FILE - In this Nov. 2, 2014, file photo, Mount St. Joseph's Lauren Hill gives a thumbs-up as she holds the game ball during her first NCAA college basketball game against Hiram University at Xavier University in Cincinnati. The freshman made it through a full season while raising more than $1.3 million for research into the type of brain tumor that will likely end her life. Lauren Hill, the college basketball player who fought an inspiring public battle with brain cancer and raised over $1.5 million for research while doing so, died Friday morning at age 19.Hill, who played at Division III Mount St. Joseph University in the Cincinnati area, made national headlines last fall when the school successfully petitioned the NCAA to move its season opener to an earlier date so the freshman could play. Hill's story quickly went viral, the Nov. 2 game against Hiram College was nationally televised and Xavier University's Cintas Center was packed with 10,000 fans as Hill scored on a layup to fulfill her dream of playing college basketball."It's a dream come true," Hill said that day. "To play on a college court, to put my foot down on the floor and hear the roar of the crowd — I just love it so much. I love basketball."Everything that happened today was amazing. I'm truly happy, it's a really good day."Despite battling an inoperable brain tumor and fighting bouts of nauseau and dizziness, Hill played four games and scored on five layups. She also started "Lauren's Fight For Cure," a non-profit that has raised over $1.5 million to research a cure for diffused intrinsinc pontine giloma (DIPG), a rare pediatric brain tumor that affects the brain stem.....R.I.P Just way to young for this and thoughts and prayers with her and her family!

She was a brave and inspiring young woman, from what little I know. It is a shame that her fight, bravery, and the dignity she displayed while fighting her cancer has not gotten near the coverage or "praise" as the woman who chose suicide over fighting the cancer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts