Battle: Los Angeles

The film was not bad, but it was annoying. I guess I should start a list of things that annoy me in modern film making:

1. 3D added after the fact to a film shot in 2D just to run up the revenue
2. Films shot to look like a handicam held by someone after drinking 20 cups of coffee

This one is number 2. OK, in combat maybe trying to make an effect of running around dodging for your life, it might be OK somewhat. But, there are a quite a few scenes in this movie where they are just standing around talking and the head shots are jerking around like an earthquake is happening. Did they have a 5 year old with a full bladder filming these scenes?

Most of the film is fairly close quarters combat. Don't expect to see a lot of aliens running around, spaceships, etc. Most of the movie is on the ground in close quarters and even when outside they have smoke cutting visibility down to 1/2 a block. I guess the real reason is that they apparently filmed a lot of the movie in LA... No not Los Angeles but Louisiana... I guess using some abandoned areas after Katrina to make a disaster movie is a good play. The smoke meant you could not see where they were filming.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)