BB@H vs. NetFlix mail speed test

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sam fisher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 16, 2008
SF Bay area
I live in the SF Bay Area between SF and San Jose. I signed up for dish about a month ago. I currently have Netflix 1 disc plan and I am thinking about changing that out for BB@H when the trial is over. We all know the details, but I wanted to know how the disc programs compared.

For the last month, I have ordered catalog TV shows from both services. Sliders from Netflix and The Flash from BB. The distribution centers are about equal distance from me- BB is slightly closer. I happened to get both first discs on a Monday. I returned them the next day. I had my next Netflix disc on Thursday. BB not until Monday.

This is how it has worked for 4 weeks. I get 2 Netflix discs a week and one BB. I will try old movies next and then new movies. However, I don't expect different results.

I still think I will keep BB an stop Netflix, simply because of the added channels and streaming. I do wish they were faster on the disc queue, though.

Ive tested netflix bluray rentals for a month. Same day they arrived i sent them back.. average 3-4 a week. Not bad

My mail comes at 9am at my office. Watch the movie that day and put in mailbox at main post office which last call is at 8pm for mail to process same night.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Our BB warehouse is 80 miles from here but Netflix is in my same zipcode. When I mailed disk one day, I would receive my next one in the cue the day after with Netflix. The best I ever did with BB was 3 disks a month average for 6 months I tried it. The DVD was terrible. I saved the money and cancelled the BB service. Plus the digital quality was very poor, very fuzzy. I stick with Netflix or BB in store rentals, but the store rental rates now have a huge rate increase so I need to re-evaluate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)