BB@ Home disc By Mail Ending September 19th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
To all you complainers out there, BB at Home is just $5 a month for those who call up and ask for it.

To all you complainers out there, BB at Home is just $5 a month for those who call up and ask for it.
Don't even have do that. Can do it online.

If you currently have BB@home, log into your dish account,go to programming, un-select BB@home and when you go to next page to confirm you want to cancel BB@home you should be offered half price for 6 months.

Just got this deal again on 8/7/2013. Try it.

So paying $60 extra per year extra (plus tax) for a feature that Dish was promoting as a feature of their platinum package a year ago is now a good deal how?

I am guessing we will all gets emails soon, just logged on to to BB site thinking there would be a note there. No message yet

But the home page is (for me at least) greatly diminished, with only the DVD Spotlight thumbnails visible. I think there were 3 or 4 more of those thumbnail lines, e.g. Releasing This Week. :( Worked last week.

So paying $60 extra per year extra (plus tax) for a feature that Dish was promoting as a feature of their platinum package a year ago is now a good deal how?

Dish Platinum was $10 per month long before it became bb@home no discs by mail.

Last edited:
Missing the point. Some people were complaining/suggesting there should be a price drop, because the drop of service. Now, people have that price drop.

Granted, it is only promotional.

Dish Platinum was $10 per month long before it became bb@home.No discs by mail.
This.

Drop the price $5 for awhile and still a complaint. Either $10 is or is not a good deal for the 20 something channels. Your call. For many, just as it was before there ever was a BB package, the same $10 represents a decent deal.
Had DISH raised the cost of the package when they added the DVD service, and now left it at the new price, I would be saying something different.

Blockbuster RIP

This is too bad. Adding the Blockbuster service to the old Platinum package was a great deal at the time, but both services have diminished in the past six months.

On the disc side, I'm only averaging about two movies per month, and half the time they're ones on the bottom of the queue.

On the streaming side, the quality of the titles is pretty lousy, and the quality of the audio and video isn't anything special.

On the programming side, Epix has a number of decent titles, but the other channels are lacking. HDNet Movies used to be a great feature, but they seem to have dropped their sneak-previews of new movies before they're released to theaters (have there been any in 2013?), and most of the movies they're showing are the same ones they've been showing for years - where's the new content. The Indie and Retro channels are OK, but they're also lacking in new content. MGM HD, Universal HD, and the Sony Movie Channel all have commercials. The other movie channels are SD, making them worthless to me. And what the heck do the rest of the channels have to do with Blockbuster? Logo? CIHD? MAVTV? Palladia? WFN? WTH?

So for you, a $10 savings per month!
Perhaps a $10 savings off my Dish bill, but that $10 will end up going to Netflix or Redbox, so no real savings.

I was a big fan of the Blockbuster@Home package a year ago, and it will be missed.

For the unslick, how does one get that deal?

I'm betting he received a 1/2 off deal with a Dish CSR. The Epix channels outside BB@H are only $7/month.

Playing devils advocate here.Even at $10,bb@home is still a great value,without discs by mail.Epix is a premium movie channel,no commercials,first run titles,plus you still get the Starz on demand library.In most cases one was lucky to get 3 titles per month by mail,some even less than that.So I really don't see Dish lowering the price.

That said,I wouldn't pay $10 for it personally,we had it half off for 6mo,it was a great deal at that rate.

I pay for Starz! already (about to cancel since they ended Magic City but I'm on the fence because of the Outlander series Ronald D. Moore is doing on Starz!) and EPIX can be acquired for $7/month vs. the $10 for BB@H package.

Last edited:
Well it was a unique thing at first with a satellite company incorporating a disk service, had some potential.

According to my queue, they stopped delivering discs almost a year ago!

No email here, but I saw this one coming. Service has been in the crapper for months. Can't beat Redbox. Family wanted to watch Olympus Has Fallen tonight. Woke up, reserved online , walked a couple of blocks to pick up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)