BB@ Home disc By Mail Ending September 19th

I expected it to last at least another year, but I should have seen this coming.

Redbox will never have Stargate TV seasons. It's streaming, buying or maybe Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That would still compete with On Demand and whatever rentals Dish offers.

I just got the half off deal for 6 months. Unless they add more movie channels to the package, I will cancel after the six months is up and use Redbox.

Why would Dish put Bloomberg TV in HD but not Fox Movie Channel? Seems like they are promoting FMC to put it in the Blockbuster at home package.

FOX and DISH are not the best friends at this time. FOX keeps suing (and losing) to DISH in courts over the Hopper...

I really don't use the Blockbuster that much so they should do away with it all even the feature on the Hopper. BUT I hate it that they tie all of the other HD Channels in that Package they should do some kind of price decrease since they will not have Blockbuster.

Yeah I would rather see them Move the HD Channels that are in with Blockbuster now put like in a HD extra pack like they use to charge maybe $5 instead of $10. Netflix to me is a waste they have nothing but Old movies on there and for $7 a month to me it's not justified I rather pay $7 to see new releases or have the extra HD Channels.

Who is Dish friends with. Is there anybody that is not suing Dish?

Yeah Charlie needs to learn not to start a fight with everyone.. Like I have said if you want to deal with these Networks on pricing you need to team up with other providers to take them on. It amazes me how these people make the big bucks and stay in business with some of the dumb things they do in the end it always shows and they end up paying for it at the cost of the company and their customers.

I really don't use the Blockbuster that much so they should do away with it all even the feature on the Hopper. BUT I hate it that they tie all of the other HD Channels in that Package they should do some kind of price decrease since they will not have Blockbuster.

Well, they did not increase the price when they added BB, so I guess there's no reason to drop the price when they remove it.

Yeah Charlie needs to learn not to start a fight with everyone.. Like I have said if you want to deal with these Networks on pricing you need to team up with other providers to take them on.

Would that even be legal?

Well, they did not increase the price when they added BB, so I guess there's no reason to drop the price when they remove it.

They should drop it if they are discontinuing something and put the HD Channels in a separate package like it use to be you should never pay the same amount if your getting less options. That how it suppose to be but that makes to much sense.

I don't understand what it is you are saying they should do. Isn't the BB package now exactly that - an HD extra pack? (With a couple SD channels) And if it costs $10 even years ago, how would it cost $5 now? Are you asking for a smaller programming package? (No one wants a smaller package. :) :) :) )
This is like the A La Carte discussions - unrealistic expectations of what a change would cost. This is why some have posted many times over the mail program was always extra at no cost added to the package, always. If Dish learns anything, don't give people anything extra for no cost. Charge them.

So they didn't charge you anything for the Mail program, they drop the Mail program and they should drop the price. That's what makes no sense. We would all love to have everything cost less than it did years ago.

Last edited:
I don't understand what it is you are saying they should do. Isn't the BB package now exactly that - an HD extra pack? (With a couple SD channels) And if it costs $10 even years ago, how would it cost $5 now? Are you asking for a smaller programming package?
This is like the A La Carte discussions - unrealistic expectations of what a change would cost. This is why some have posted many times over the mail program was always extra at no cost added to the package, always. If Dish learns anything, don't give people anything extra for not cost. Charge them.

Maybe at one point it was the HD Extra package if that's the case then that kind of makes sense I guess my thing is if your no longer providing something you should get some kind of discount. But like some have said I might just end up dropping the package or this just adds another reason to do so.

Well SWMBO agrees, when the discs stop, we drop BB@H. Unless Dish restructures the pkg to chg our minds. I don't expect that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts