BB liquidating rental BD stock??

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
A poster at AVS Forum posted a picture of his local BB (Cerritos, CA) store selling rental BDs for $1.50 to $3.00. He said there was a mix of old and new titles and said there was about 20 shelves of them.

Link: AVS Forum - View Single Post - Blockbuster BD rental discussion thread

AVS Forum - View Single Post - Blockbuster BD rental discussion thread

BB Store sale.jpg

Continuing to close stores too. The day after I explained to my parents the whole dish/bb arrangement with in-store exchanges the 2 stores closest to them posted 'moving sale' banners.

A supervisor at one store didn't know why it says moving the staff is being laid off unless they're really good at up selling some program.

Looks like they're just using 'moving' to duck the stigma of closing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

We have had a couple stores close as well, With the whole "moving" theme when they are not moving. Not sure why they state moving

I don't understand why DISH just doesn't tell their customers what their plans are. They sell us on the BBAH and then it looks like they're getting rid of most of their assets. I have enjoyed the disc by mail program so far. Hope they don't dump everything.

The plan is to do away with all the physical stores and move to the internet period. I got notice my blockbuster application on my Toshiba blu-ray would no longer be supported. Yesterday I read Tivo subs will no longer have blockbuster application on their receiver too. They have already done away with the Blockbuster kiosks in stores. Blockbuster is either going exclusively to DISH subs or to both DISH subs and the public via the internet . DVds and Blu-rays are really so 10 years ago. They need to move to full streaming service for both new and older programs . Either that or close out completely and put a grave stone up : Blockbuster R.I.P. .

But many of us rural customers are not able to get streaming because of intenet limitations.

And the hicks out in the sticks are S.O.L. because that's not where the money is!

I know 'cause I'm out in the sticks, just the other side of Bum f**ked, Egypt!

The plan is to do away with all the physical stores and move to the internet period. I got notice my blockbuster application on my Toshiba blu-ray would no longer be supported. Yesterday I read Tivo subs will no longer have blockbuster application on their receiver too. They have already done away with the Blockbuster kiosks in stores. Blockbuster is either going exclusively to DISH subs or to both DISH subs and the public via the internet . DVds and Blu-rays are really so 10 years ago. They need to move to full streaming service for both new and older programs . Either that or close out completely and put a grave stone up : Blockbuster R.I.P. .

Our local stores still have Blockbuster kiosks... We also have a Blockbuster store going in my town, for how long, we'll see....

We still have three Blockbuster stores in Pensacola. They have closed three other stores, but they were closed before Dish bought Blockbuster.

In looking at that sign I think it's pretty obvious where the "move" is to...the Internet as someone said. If anyone gets confused by that sign...(I'll be kind here and not say what I was thinking). :p Anyway, the sign is not confusing at all. It's a "move" out of brick and mortar, at least for those locations.

The stores here have bright yellow generic signs, not one like the above.

Maybe they sold it.

Amazon just made a big deal with Viacom, Netflix with Weinstein, what has Dish done to expand their BB streaming?
Have to wonder at what point they would wash their hands of the still sinking ship.

The stores here have bright yellow generic signs, not one like the above.

Maybe they sold it.

Amazon just made a big deal with Viacom, Netflix with Weinstein, what has Dish done to expand their BB streaming?
Have to wonder at what point they would wash their hands of the still sinking ship.

Weinstein was exclusive with BB previously. Obviously that has changed.

Weinstein was exclusive with BB previously. Obviously that has changed.

Only on DVD Rentals, which Netflix countered by buying the discs at the retail level, it had nothing to do with the streaming.

This is also the second streaming deal with Weinstein type films, Netflix has a deal with Weinstein old company Miramax that runs another 4 years.

Blockbuster just signed a deal with Samsung to stream their titles. Also, we have Kiosk very near me in Florida that only opened about two months ago, it really seems to deal in new(er) titles. But a large store closed, and actually re-opened in another close location, a somewhat smaller store. So who knows.....

Blockbuster just signed a deal with Samsung to stream their titles. Also, we have Kiosk very near me in Florida that only opened about two months ago, it really seems to deal in new(er) titles. But a large store closed, and actually re-opened in another close location, a somewhat smaller store. So who knows.....

I believe the company that runs their kiosk business was recently purchased by Redbox.

I believe the company that runs their kiosk business was recently purchased by Redbox.

Yes, Blockbuster Video never ran the kiosks, the name was just licensed out (to NCR, I think). And then RedBox just bought out that license from them.

Only on DVD Rentals, which Netflix countered by buying the discs at the retail level, it had nothing to do with the streaming.

This is also the second streaming deal with Weinstein type films, Netflix has a deal with Weinstein old company Miramax that runs another 4 years.

Which has nothing to do with Weinstein, as Miramax is now a Colony Capitol property (bought from Disney).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)