BBC America

I think the point that people here are making is that they do watch some of the shows on BBC America. Everyone has to remember that just because you do not watch a certain channel, that does not make it worthless. Everyone is different and has different watching preferences. It is pretty arrogant to assume that because you do not like a channel it should be removed.

Imagine how terrible it would be if Dish only carried the channels that I watched, or only carried the channels that your wife or kids liked to watch!

Reactions: Benyth
Since I have the Flex pack , I no longer have BBC America. I only watched it for Dr. Who and Orphan Black. I figure when I need to watch those shows I can purchase the season on Amazon prime. Same for Teen Wolf on Mtv ,which I no longer have. Cheaper than paying for the channel itself all year long.

Does anyone know when the DW Xmas special will be aired? BBCA is on free preview until Dec 13.

Nevermind, I should know that the Christmas specials always air on Christmas day.

Last edited:
The British series only have a dozen or so episodes every year

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

More like 8 episodes, or at least the small handful of British shows I've watched. The Missing (Starz), Hunted (Max), both seasons of Broadchurch (BBCA) were only 8 episodes each.

Typically (but not always) for the US, HBO - 10 episodes, Showtime - 12 episodes, FX - 10-13 episodes (10 seems to be the magical number lately), A&E - 10 episodes. Not sure about the other networks since I typically only watch CBS, but their dramas tend to have a 22 episode order, and sitcoms are 24 episodes.

It was interesting watching the first season of Broadchurch and comparing it to Gracepoint, since Gracepoint had 10 episodes instead of 8. While I generally favor shorter seasons, I think 8 episodes is a bit low, and in two of the shows I mentioned above, (The Missing, Broadchurch) l don't like the long wait in between seasons.

I really wish WETA would take their "WETA-UK" channel national - at least it actually shows British programming most of the time. BBC America has become a worthless shadow of its former self. Some of the original UK programs are scheduled at odd time slots like 6 PM, 1 AM, 5 AM - all to make room for endless marathons of ST:TNG and apparently CSI: Miami. :(

All of which nobody watches

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!
Correct, Sir! That really is the big annoyance. I used to watch BBC America quite a bit years ago, but now, I find almost nothing on that channel I want to watch. As much as I like Graham Norton, I just find other things on other channels I want to watch more.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
My point was having an entire channel that plays reruns 90% of the time is a pointless in this age of streaming. Do we really need another channel showing CSI reruns? There is nothing BBC about CSI. Seems like wasted resources, along the lines of HLN, that can't get past the forensic stuff, interrupted by news occasionally!

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

What is the purpose of this channel's existence? There is hardly anything besides Star Trek and CSI reruns. Where are the BBC programs? DISH should have terminated this channel before Esquire.
What do you all think?

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

PBS gets a ton of the BBC programs while BBC America gets the scifi BBC programs and have started their own original programming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: lfp302 and Yoda_One
When it first started, BBCA used to run some great rarely seen Britcoms - the Brittas Empire, Some Mothers Do Have Them, Dads Army, as well as some of the newer Britcoms (can't remember its name, but it was about a British military post in Scotland). Loved Sat afternoons on BBCA. Except for Norton every once and a while, I never watch anymore. I wish they would bring back Britcom blocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts