BBC World News - FTA or 4DTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Does anyone know where I can get BBC World News either FTA(DVB) or 4DTV(DCII)?

Happy to sub for it.

TIA

Subscribe to this, not exectly sure if that is what you want.

I know they have the BBC World News on that channel.

http://www.programming-center.net/ ...ion) W5-626 Health and Fitness Network W5-621

Last edited:
Found it on 58W late last night, in the clear, but this morning it was gone (not scrambled, just gone, must've been a test or something).
PBS channels have that on sometimes, but not that often.

BBC America is not the real BBC World News. BBC America carries some of the latter, but only once in awhile. Most of the time you get entertainment only. The BBC on I805 is radio only if I recall correctly.

There used to be a feed on one of PBS's AMC-21 (125W) SD channels that carried BBC World News a few times per day, at least during the week. That's the only FTA version that has been readily available in the recent past.

If you want BBC World News 24/7, you can always subscribe to Shaw Direct, which can be easily received down to Mexico. The picture quality on most of the Shaw channels is considerably better than what Dish Network and DirecTV offer for the equivalent channels, and for reasons obvious to some, approaches master feed quality.

May be correct

BBC America is not the real BBC World News. BBC America carries some of the latter, but only once in awhile. Most of the time you get entertainment only. The BBC on I805 is radio only if I recall correctly.

There used to be a feed on one of PBS's AMC-21 (125W) SD channels that carried BBC World News a few times per day, at least during the week. That's the only FTA version that has been readily available in the recent past.

If you want BBC World News 24/7, you can always subscribe to Shaw Direct, which can be easily received down to Mexico. The picture quality on most of the Shaw channels is considerably better than what Dish Network and DirecTV offer for the equivalent channels, and for reasons obvious to some, approaches master feed quality.

It may be that it is radio not the video service on I 805. As when one clicks on the title it does go to the radio service page. BBC America is definitely not the World News. PBS if I remember correctly from having worked at one of the stations is carried twice a day. Looks like The BBC is on sat I 907 but it is encrypted.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I already sub to W5 programming, as pendragon points out, BBC America isn't BBC World News.

Might need to check out Shaw.

Let us know how it goes. Shaw is looking better all the time for me.

BBC world news was on Sky @ 58w (I had it when I had my Sky sub), I checked Sky´s programming packs and I did not see it now.

BBC world news was on Sky @ 58w (I had it when I had my Sky sub), I checked Sky´s programming packs and I did not see it now.

I stand corrected... Yes Sky carries BBC World news on ch. 631. (for some reason it was not listed next to the CNN's and other news channels)
And as pendragon mentioned it is also carried on SD with good reception also here down in Mexico.

whatchel1 said:
PBS if I remember correctly from having worked at one of the stations is carried twice a day.

I catch it twice a day, weekdays on 125W 12168 H 4444
Once at 4:30am PST and again at 12:30pm PST

I stand corrected... Yes Sky carries BBC World news on ch. 631. (for some reason it was not listed next to the CNN's and other news channels)
And as pendragon mentioned it is also carried on SD with good reception also here down in Mexico.

How would I sub to Sky?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)