BCE To Purchase Voom?

DCXFORDGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
With voom struggling and there are less and less people signing up every month and alot of it's current customes moving on to other providers I think this would be a good time to pick it up at less then it's market value from cablevision. BCE own's expressvu here in canada and does not own a satellite company in the usa. I think this would be a great purchase and to build on it, plus after BCE stops the bleeding and creates standards they could expand the voom satellite base and also expand it's expressvu in canada. This is a amazing fact but expressvu is just shy of having the same amount of HD channels as voom has. The bottom line is cablevision wants to dump it and I think bell should pick it up!

Attachments

• 1106122330.jpg
    1106122330.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 140
  • ho_voom_hdtv_040217_nh.jpg
    ho_voom_hdtv_040217_nh.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 148
Well expressvu in the last 3 years they have spent alot of money making it a premier service. With the two of them combined they could share resources and this would give bce a market the us a chance to grow the company alot more then it can grow vu in canada.

Would both the FCC and the CTRC allow it?

I'm just thinking of the whole "you cant get Dish or Direct in Canada" or "You cant sell to the US" issue

The FCC would probably allow it. There are no rules preventing it, as there will be no loss of competition. And they allowed NewsCorp to aquire Directv. As for the CRTC, I don't think they would come into play. The 61.5 slot is U.S. controlled, so CRTC has no juridiction, plus if BCE had control of Voom for U.S. services, then the CRTC again has no jurisdiction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)