BCS to leave FOX for...ESPN?

I absolutely can't believe that Disney would show these games on ESPN instead of ABC. ABC = more potential viewers = higher ad revenue....I don't get their thinking.

So ESPN can increase subscriber fees further. Seeing how ESPN would pocket the ad revenue from any of their productions on ABC, that's the only reason I can think of.

Personally I welcome the BCS to ESPN. They know how to cover college football, and have announcers and production crews that follow it all year round.

I actually think its these fees that they have already been charging that ALLOWS them to bid and win things like this. I have said it before to people that "gripe" about sub fees; have you really seen the lack of quality and choice "free or nearly free" services offer? I too am ALL FOR THIS!

ESPN's happy but judging from comments FROM THEIR OWN ARTICLE nobody else is:

[ame="http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3710477"]ESPN -Conversations:ESPN, BCS agree to four-year deal for television, radio, digital rights[/ame]

I could care less. Tell me what channel and I'll tune in.
I agree. If you don't have ESPN these days you can't really call yourself a sports fan. I don't know why this is such a big deal. Cable channels can make lots more $$$ televising sports than broadcast networks.

Plus, ESPN does a very good job covering NCAA football. There was something about the game coverage on FOX that didn't seem right to me. Probably because they didn't broadcast any NCAA games all season....

Plus, ESPN does a very good job covering NCAA football.

Plus, their announcers are more suitable to these games and capable of doing so.

It's much easier to see guys like Mike Patrick, Ron Franklin, and Brad Nessler and such calling BCS games.

All of FOX vs. ESPN stuff is nonsense if you ask me.

1. FOX does televise college football, just not on it's main network...it's called FSN.

2. When it comes to watching football games, the announcers are the last thing I worry about. I watch sports...to watch sports, not listen to announcers.

3. This is all about the money, pure and simple. ESPN whipped out it's big wad and that was that.

4. "Free TV" still has the World Series, Super Bowl, Final Four and NBA Finals for starters. Of those, the Super Bowl and Final Four have long term deals that will keep them on "Free TV". The NBA Finals occurs in a TV blackhole period so unless ESPN sees a real reason to shift them off ABC, are not shifting off "Free TV". MLB is the wild card, even "baseball purist" types are recognizing that MLB might have to change it's formula in the playoffs. Whether that involves adjusting the schedules, times or locales is up to debate, but more and more change seems inevitable and may force a move off "Free TV".

IF theres enough flack about them going to ESPN, they can always move it to their parent station ....... ABC :)
Better yet, have all 4 of the BCS games on Jan 1st again. Have 2 on in the afternoon, and 2 in the evening. They can do regional coverage on ABC with ESPN showing the opposite game. Same as they do Saturday afternoons.

I've never been a fan of the BCS on Fox. They make it way too NFL'y. Plus, when ABC had the BCS, Keith Jackson was the voice. No offense to Chris Rose, but he really doesn't give off the historical vibe of a national championship game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts