BD insider comments on FOX and WB and HDDVD

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
The same guy who gave a heads up for Paramount, recently for WB and has hinted about Universal had this to say about Fox and its "leaning":

"About as close as a drunken sailor getting a date with Queen Elizabeth II, while yelling into the window of her carriage as it is passing by in a procession."

Im going to lean towards believing his statement.

FOX was the rumored studio to have been leaning HDDVD and WB was gonna follow. Fox allegedly backed out and WB went Blu since they did not have a buddy.

This is just one of the rumors out there. Wanted to post now that an actual reliable insider had replied to the validity.

No surprise there... However, Fox is likely the studio the campaignhd folks alluded to going neutral. I figured it was likely Lionsgate or Disney or (most likely) Anchor Bay.

Fox had lukewarm commitment to HDM--period. I'm surprised Warner thought they would walk.

But...you're saying there's *still* a chance, right?? ;)

Err... you must have me confused with some of the others on this board.

Swanni did say that both camps (HD-DVD and Blu-Ray) were going to come together on a single format and likely settle on HD-DVD since it's the more mature format. (Toshiba, Universal and Microsoft wouldn't be able to keep as much money--that's all.)

It's definitely not over if Universal and Paramount wish to continue the fight.

The same guy who gave a heads up for Paramount, recently for WB and has hinted about Universal had this to say about Fox and its "leaning":

"About as close as a drunken sailor getting a date with Queen Elizabeth II, while yelling into the window of her carriage as it is passing by in a procession."

Penton-Man is full of himself. He made one vague post on Avs alluding to Paramount was being courted with money hours before the news broke and has been claiming every since that he "broke the story". :rolleyes:

However, he may right about Fox - they are so fanatical about DRM & region coding, I suspect they were just playing Toshiba to get a bigger "incentive" package from Sony.

Is this BD insider the alleged target employee:confused:

Penton-Man is full of himself. He made one vague post on Avs alluding to Paramount was being courted with money hours before the news broke and has been claiming every since that he "broke the story". :rolleyes:

However, he may right about Fox - they are so fanatical about DRM & region coding, I suspect they were just playing Toshiba to get a bigger "incentive" package from Sony.

If you go back and read the post, he was right on. He's been claiming WB for weeks now and hinting at Universal.

I trust his hints.

It amazes me why he quit posting at AVSM$, maybe because every fanboy loves Amir who the main full of crap guy out there.

Is this BD insider the alleged target employee:confused:

Ah, I can see you'll always be a bitter, old/young SOB, welcome to the ignore list with many other famous guys on this site. Im honestly, finally tired of it.

You offer nothing to any thread but one liners while trying to be a full out a$$hole. Uh buh bye

Yep. Kinda funny to hear someone who was part of all sorts of stupid, baseless rumor spreading throwing that kind of mud. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Remember all those rumors about Disney going HD DVD, BD50 not being in production- er, not in production by anyone other than Sony, er- other than Sony and Cinram, er- other than Sony, Cinram and Panasonic...... And claims of so few BD50s on the street when in fact a large majority of current releases were BD50s. And oh yes, the famous "Blu-ray is easily damaged, the hard coating won't work" nonsense.

Anyway, HD DVD in fact wins. I know because my paperboy has a cousin who's dating a clerk in the white house who says the Martians have landed, and we all know they're red! :rolleyes:

If you go back and read the post, he was right on. He's been claiming WB for weeks now and hinting at Universal.

I trust his hints.

It amazes me why he quit posting at AVSM$, maybe because every fanboy loves Amir who the main full of crap guy out there.

Actually, Amir has been in the business a very long time and knows his S***. Noone liked that he answered questions that BD insiders wouldn't.

S~

Actually, Amir has been in the business a very long time and knows his S***. Noone liked that he answered questions that BD insiders wouldn't.

S~

BUT, he answered incorrectly on many and used it to beat up the format. My problem was he would always use BD answers to bash the format, but when you hit him with a HDDVD issue, he dodge it or not answer. Also, most insiders quit going there because the damn site was biased. So he was really the only guy left to answer anything.

Anyway, people finally should see his place the whole time was exactly where M$ wanted him. Slow down HDM adooption. His new downloads post is proof of it.

I cant stand the guy. Lee stewart(not an insider) sucks too.

He was right more oft than not. Talk and paid did exactly the same thing. It's why all of them were there. Talk even posted today that BD is facing replication problems (capacity not quality) especially now with WB going exclusive and the advancement of the format as a result. Unfortunately, he deleted the post before I could link to it. Talk can spin with the best of them.

S~

BUT, he answered incorrectly on many and used it to beat up the format. My problem was he would always use BD answers to bash the format, but when you hit him with a HDDVD issue, he dodge it or not answer. Also, most insiders quit going there because the damn site was biased. So he was really the only guy left to answer anything.

Anyway, people finally should see his place the whole time was exactly where M$ wanted him. Slow down HDM adooption. His new downloads post is proof of it.

I cant stand the guy. Lee stewart(not an insider) sucks too.

And I'm supposed to respect a BD "Insider" who calls the competition "Red Ants" at best, and downhill from there? :confused:

Talkstr8t & Paidgeek have class, and it shows. Penton-man comes off as trailer trash. :(

I like Amir, but, yes, he got carried away at times. My jaw dropped the day he outted Talk as working for Sun.

While Ill agree that paidgeek has class, I dont know that Talk fits in there. For awhile he was out there.

Regardless of how they act, I look at who gives me the best info for BD.

Paidgeek answers questions very well and Penton seems to be very well in the know. Talk used to argue pretty good but he's just really now come to blu-ray.com so I dunno. He always seemed to look for an argument on AVS. I lost interest in what Amir had to say about 6 mo's ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)