BD player hook-up question

tjwgrr

Route of the Northliners
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Western Michigan
I presently have my Samsung BD-P1200 hooked up with component video to my Denon AV receiver, and the receiver hooked up with component video to my T.V. Would it be better to go directly from the BD player to the T.V.? Less cables, connections, etc. = cleaner picture?

Unfortunately I don't have HDMI (or 1080p) on my older Mitsu 1080i capable T.V. Since prices on 1080p 50"+ plasmas and LCD's continue to drop, I'm not quite ready to jump in and replace my Mitsu........

Last edited:
I presently have my Samsung BD-P1200 hooked up with composite video........
Do you mean composite (one coax cable; 480i max) or component (3 coax cables)?

There is no point in playing hidef and transferring the pictire to the TV over composite - DVD will be just as good (bad).

Diogen.

Do you mean composite (one coax cable; 480i max) or component (3 coax cables)?

There is no point in playing hidef and transferring the pictire to the TV over composite - DVD will be just as good (bad).

Diogen.

Oops... dummy me. I meant component video. Duh. I'll edit my original post.

...Would it be better to go directly from the BD player to the T.V.?
It is a good idea to keep the number of nodes between the source and display to a minimum, i.e. connect the player to the TV directly. But if you have more than one component video source and just one component video input on your TV (i.e. Denon is performing component switching), then your setup would probably be the right one.

Since ICT over analog is not implemented (and won't until at least 2010) no downrezzing will be done. By the time ICT is implemented, you will probably start looking for a new TV (yours probably doesn't support HDCP).

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts