Now this is cool!

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Mitsubishi Reveals 3D Blu-ray Player

Id love it if they did enable it via my ps3 with firmware!

News
Mitsubishi Reveals 3D Blu-ray Player
The company demonstrates 3-D images for reporters at golf tournament.
By Swanni
Washington, D.C. (August 23, 2007) -- Mitsubishi may launch a Blu-ray player early next year that can convert 2D movies into 3D images.

That's according to an article at CNET.com.

The web site reports that Mitsubishi recently hosted a technology exhibit for the media at the Westchester County Club in New York, the site of this weekend's Barclay PGA Golf Tournament.

During the exhibit, the company handed reporters a pair of 3D goggles and displayed several images on screen that showcased the special effect.

"
Most of us were pretty impressed by the demo, which included clips from movies, commercials, and sporting events. There was real depth to the 3D and you got that whole feeling of things poking out at you from the screen," said CNET.

virtualboy.jpg

3D isn't always good ;)

One arm, one leg, and .......
I agree. You know people have been talking about 3D TV for a few years now. I think years ago Mr Hill at D* said HD was a fad and 3D was where it will be at in the future. But We cant even get providers to give us decent HD. ANd I have no interest in taking out a loan for 3D equipment and putting glasses on my face to watch a movie. I think its the ultimate niche product. And we thought HD DVD and BD discs were niche? LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)