Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
I bought a Coolsat 8000 HD....hooked it up...remote doesn't work...took it apart..look what I found. :eek::mad:

Not a happy Cajun today...Anyone have a spare Coolsat 8000 HD remote laying around?:D

Attachments

• IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 353
That sucks.

Do you have a harmony remote or similar? I thought that they used to have the Pansats, viewsats, and coolsat STB's in their database.

Is that a singlelayer board? If so it may be repairable with a GOOD hobby or commercial soldering iron and some fine wire. (I have used strands from a chunk of lamp cord.) The cheap irons will do damage, but a good one in the hands of a repair tech can probably fix it.

stogie was that thing stepped on??????
or broke in shipping??
I'm sure somebody has remote for sale for it, might be pricey.
My ebay days are over, I think I had exactly .500 getting- robbed average, so I quit while I still had a decent losing percentage!

I went ahead and ordered one of the universal FTA remotes like in the link I posted...

And as far as repairing the old one....can I use a cutting torch to melt the wire? That's about how much soldering I can do....;)

stogie was that thing stepped on??????
or broke in shipping??
I'm sure somebody has remote for sale for it, might be pricey.
My ebay days are over, I think I had exactly .500 getting- robbed average, so I quit while I still had a decent losing percentage!

It looks like it was damaged before shipping.... no plastic shards in the box or anything, no damage to the shipping box.

Even with buying the remote I just ordered I'll still only be out of just over 200.00....for an HD receiver that does S2, I think I did okay...:D

Yep, guess you did alright lol. If that one don't work you could always find one of those "learning remotes" and send it up to iceberg, let him program it for you!

actually, I think the 8000 was nice in the fact it did not respond to other units remotes. I think iceberg mentioned it in a review that it was a nice feature that his 5000 and 8000 remotes didn't interfere.

Once you've exhausted all other solutions, shoot more pictures, and if I think I can fix it, I'll tell ya.
Would be happy to give it a shot, no strings at all.
Just wouldn't want you counting on 100% success, without a backup plan.

Looks encouraging, but hard to tell from only those two shots.

actually, I think the 8000 was nice in the fact it did not respond to other units remotes. I think iceberg mentioned it in a review that it was a nice feature that his 5000 and 8000 remotes didn't interfere.

correct. The 8000 uses a different interface/graphics/menus than the 4K/5K/6K so the remotes dont clash :)

so let me get this stright..the person that sold you this unit on ebay sold it with pre-flashed hacked software? Im assuming for DN and BEV?? If so, this person had a huge set to sell that online...

Yea...my ebay record as of late hasnt been that good either...i think im .500 too for the last 6 orders...

you might be able to program your coolsat 5k remote to function as STB or VCR
should be able to follow the programming section in the manual
can't remember what the default code was maybe 000 or 008

or you can try this remote
remote

or scan for the code
Search method - If Your DEVICE Does Not Respond.

Step 1. Turn on your DEVICE.

Step 2. Press OK Key and press DEVICE Key in 2 seconds at the same time.
LAMP LED will blink twice

Step 3. Press CH+ or CH- key until DEVICE turns off,one and one.
LAMP LED will blink
If the CH+ or CH- key is not pressed in the course of 10 seconds, this function is canceled.
If your DEVICE is turn off

Step 4. Press OK key
LED will blink Twice
Please use this method if none of the Set-Up Code numbers worked for your device during the three digit
code method or if the manufacturer or brand for your device if not listed in Set-Up Code Tables.

just a thought
:)

so let me get this stright..the person that sold you this unit on ebay sold it with pre-flashed hacked software? Im assuming for DN and BEV?? If so, this person had a huge set to sell that online...

not really. I've purchased numerous boxes off Ebay and other than my Pansat 9200 (which was factory fresh) the rest have had old hack software in it (even though the description said "the newest factory software" in it). It didnt get anything it shouldn't have but it had old hack software in it

As long as they don't say "the newest hack to get Dish or Bell" in the description, they're not doing anything wrong (I know that pains me saying that).

Once you've exhausted all other solutions, shoot more pictures, and if I think I can fix it, I'll tell ya.
Would be happy to give it a shot, no strings at all.
Just wouldn't want you counting on 100% success, without a backup plan.

Looks encouraging, but hard to tell from only those two shots.

I already ordered a new universal one, that was in that link I posted above...it Looks EXACTLY like the one I have, other than the name on the remote. We all already know that just a few factories make all the boxes, remotes must be the same.

I had just about destroyed the housing getting it apart....but if you want to give it a shot...<shrug>

If my coolsat 5000 remote works for it, I will let you borrow it. Do not use anyways, just need it for resale...

Thanks for the offer...I have a Coolsat 5000 sitting right above the 8000, remote from the 5000 does not operate the 8000 in any way. :) But that was danged nice for you to offer....:up

Yea...my ebay record as of late hasnt been that good either...i think im .500 too for the last 6 orders...

Like Ice said...happens all the time....doesn't bother me....that is the chance you take, I got this one when his auction ended with no bids, I emailed him with an offer after and he took it. this one came from Montreal, QUE, BTW...took almost two weeks to get here....I have sent an email to the seller informing him about the remote....that and 5 bucks will get me some coffee I bet....:D

Again, that's the chance you take to get a good deal....Coolsat 8000's are still selling for over two bills...so I still did alright as long as it works when I get a remote....

you might be able to program your coolsat 5k remote to function as STB or VCR
should be able to follow the programming section in the manual
can't remember what the default code was maybe 000 or 008

or scan for the code

just a thought
:)

Thanks George I might just try that until the remote gets here, they just emailed me, its shipped...danged fast service....I just ordered it about 6:30 CST.....:eek::up

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts