Be careful with your h20 swapouts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do you have the Protection Plan? If so, it should have been an owned for owned swap, but D* almost never lists it that way initially-they always put it down as leased with a service commitment until the consumer notices and squawks. This Forum is filled with hapless D* subscribers treated in the same deceptive way as you were.

D* has every incentive to slam consumers with leased equipment with service commitments, and none to swap owned for owned with no promissory note to pay thousands of dollars in future programming fees, e.g. a two year service commitment.

i just got my h20 (an h20-100, for which maybe i'm not happy). this was a freebie swap for my h10, which is now in my closet. i'm happy that i got a free swap from retention.....although, i've only been back to d* a month......after a 14 month absence.

my protection plan also kicked in thursday...so i assume i'm covered all the way around?

I have both an H-20 and an HR-20 for which I paid nothing. Got the H-20 in August and the HR-20 in September. Saw all those people paying a couple of hundred bucks early on from Value and others just to be the first to have one. Renewed 2 yr contract on the original HD upgrade in August, 2006. Retention gave install and upgrade along with receivers free of charge. Both receivers are leased (obviously). Never a problem with either receiver. Why the heck would you want to buy or own one????

Why the heck would you want to buy or own one????

AGAIN, this is not about leased vs purchased.

I am sure you got a great deal you want to tell everyone about (is there a separate forum for that?). I have a story too. I bought my H20 because I was able to take advantage of some discounts and promotion combinations to get the box for -$10 (that's a negative). I own my box for free, got $10, will resell my box, and I have zero horror stories about bad installations and missed appointments. Why the heck would you want to lease when you can own and turn a $50-$100 profit? NyahNyahtotallyirrelevantNyah.

The point is, again, that DirecTV took someone's property and issued a loaner without any indication that the customer was not getting a true replacement.

Sympathize, validate his story, or offer some help.

but not everybody is going to turn a fifty dollar profit or more...because not everybody owns their box for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.