Be Right Back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Forgot to post we are back up. Lol.
Its Alive Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
:)

I started a database dump this morning and it look like it slowed everything down. Was just trying to back thing up to a second server.

I started a database dump this morning and it look like it slowed everything down. Was just trying to back thing up to a second server.
I don't remember backups slowing things to a crawl before, as this one did! What's different? Is the second server on-site? If so, it might have flooded the network interface. Just speculating...

It did the dump but had issues compressing the database and that’s where I found it using all the CPU. Killed Gzip and speed came back.

This happened once before on the old server.

I would have noticed sooner if I didn’t fall back asleep. I was laying in bed and one of the dogs came and laid on me and I feel back to sleep and woke up two hours later. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell and FTA4PA
Killed Gzip and speed came back.
:confused: gzip is single-threaded and you presumably had only one instance running so... How did that max out your powerful new server with (how many?) multiple cores.

I moved to pigz because of that, because my server was only making compressed tarballs and I had a plenty of cores to consume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)