Be Right Back

Forgot to post we are back up. Lol.
Its Alive Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
:)

I started a database dump this morning and it look like it slowed everything down. Was just trying to back thing up to a second server.

I started a database dump this morning and it look like it slowed everything down. Was just trying to back thing up to a second server.
I don't remember backups slowing things to a crawl before, as this one did! What's different? Is the second server on-site? If so, it might have flooded the network interface. Just speculating...

It did the dump but had issues compressing the database and that’s where I found it using all the CPU. Killed Gzip and speed came back.

This happened once before on the old server.

I would have noticed sooner if I didn’t fall back asleep. I was laying in bed and one of the dogs came and laid on me and I feel back to sleep and woke up two hours later. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell and FTA4PA
Killed Gzip and speed came back.
:confused: gzip is single-threaded and you presumably had only one instance running so... How did that max out your powerful new server with (how many?) multiple cores.

I moved to pigz because of that, because my server was only making compressed tarballs and I had a plenty of cores to consume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts