Be very careful with what the DIRECTV CSRs tell you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
My worst fear in this transition from Choice Xtra to Choice took place as I feared that it would. On my newest bill, I am being charged for HD programming. I sent an email to DirecTV to tell them that the charge was incorrect and recieved a response that free HD was removed when I changed my package.

A few weeks back, I called DirecTV and asked the customer service rep to please be ABSOLUTELY sure that changing my package from Choice Xtra to Choice would NOT remove free HD. He put me on hold for a while while he checked on it. When he came back, he assured me that the change would NOT remove Free HD. I told him to be positive because when I signed up, I picked choice Xtra only because the Free HD offer was not available in the Choice package and I did not want to lose it. The employee assured me that it was written in the notes he had. He read it a couple of times. He told me that I could not downgrade to Entertainment pack because I would lose Free HD but I could change to Choice and it would not remove Free HD. I told the CSR that I did not want to change package if I would lose Free HD because there would be no savings in it. I did everything possible to avoid this happening but I had a bad feeling. Expecting to spend an hour on the phone now trying to get it fixed.

Use the link on the Directv site to email the Office of the President. That generally gets very fast results.

for some customers when they signed up Chocie Xtra was the minimum package required for free HD
I know the subs who got it added after they had signed up (like me) only auto pay is required. I verified that with 2 reps

I was one of those that got HD Free and have to have Xtra to keep it. Fortunately for me, Xtra Classic is the right sub level for my viewing wants. :)

My worst fear in this transition from Choice Xtra to Choice took place as I feared that it would. On my newest bill, I am being charged for HD programming. I sent an email to DirecTV to tell them that the charge was incorrect and recieved a response that free HD was removed when I changed my package.

A few weeks back, I called DirecTV and asked the customer service rep to please be ABSOLUTELY sure that changing my package from Choice Xtra to Choice would NOT remove free HD. He put me on hold for a while while he checked on it. When he came back, he assured me that the change would NOT remove Free HD. I told him to be positive because when I signed up, I picked choice Xtra only because the Free HD offer was not available in the Choice package and I did not want to lose it. The employee assured me that it was written in the notes he had. He read it a couple of times. He told me that I could not downgrade to Entertainment pack because I would lose Free HD but I could change to Choice and it would not remove Free HD. I told the CSR that I did not want to change package if I would lose Free HD because there would be no savings in it. I did everything possible to avoid this happening but I had a bad feeling. Expecting to spend an hour on the phone now trying to get it fixed.

I would send exactly what you posted here, to them via the link mentioned above.

They responded that they were forwarding my email to the special support area. Have not heard back yet.

They responded that they were forwarding my email to the special support area. Have not heard back yet.

I received a similar email, and within a day I had them calling me left and right until I was home and able to pick up the phone. There are definitely flaws in some systems, etc. But the support department is solid.

I've made 3 phone calls to Directv over the past two weeks and it hasn't gotten me anywhere. That's why I thought emailing the Office of President might help me.

Still no response from the special assistance department. I'lll give them another day. What is the office of the president's email address?

Thanks

Well they put me back on CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC with Free HD so I'm back where I started. No mention of refunding me for the partial month charge of CHOICE with paid HD but I don't have the energy to even bring it up.

Oh well, really was happy with CHOICE package but with paid HD, it cost more per month then CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts