Please reply by conversation.

Doctor Bob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2003
Riverside, California
Satellite Industry loses an Icon
May 11, 2006

Almost as important as Charlie Ergen or Rupert Murdock, perhaps even more important, because without the pushing, prodding, walking & talking, Prosite might not have ever been born!!!

In 1996, I was utilizing Filemaker Pro Database, as our main tracking software, and it took me 3 years of tweaking the software, before I was comfortable with the results, and I still didn't have a calendar that worked smoothly with the program. Sometime in 2000, I received a call from Jason Warren and Riche Varner. To make a long story short, "The excitement in Riche's voice was what cemented our friendship.

Riche Varner was the spark, and igniter for what Prosite is today... He is the guy that pushed and prodded Jason to write the program in the first place... I don't think Riche knew how to spell programming, before he met Jason, but I do know one thing, Richie needed that software to run his business, and he did everything short of threatening Jason, to write the program!!!

We spent hundreds of hours on the phone, over the next 6 years, discussing the excitement of what Prosite would do for thousands of Retailers and Installation Companies, for the Satellite Industry! His energy level was so high, that it was hard to keep up with him. He finally decided that, in order to get this software in the hands of every company in the Satellite Industry, that he sold out his share of the Satellite installation business, and go full time with Prosite...

Riche Varner, in my humble opinion, was the single most important person in the Satellite Industry, in the last 10 years!!! Simply because he was one of the original architects, of the one of the most important pieces of Software, in the Satellite Business.

Because of Riche Varner, Prosite is and always will be the "De Facto Standard" in the Satellite Industry, bar none!!!

May God be with Riche, and his family!!!

Last edited:
Did not know the man personally, But would have been honored to meet him.
RIP Riche, best wishes to his family.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I spelled Riche wrong in the Thread Title... Riche had to correct me several times for that... RONTGLMAO....

He used to tell me "That is Rich with an "E" on the end... LOL....

I would like to note here, that the genius of Jason Warren, goes without saying, and his programming ability may not be # 1, but it's way ahead of whatever is in second... If you use Prosite, you know what I'm speaking to...

I've been promoting the Prosite System, almost from the very begining, and they have never dissapointed me... Their staff is # 1 in my book...

Here is a note from Jason Warren

Dear Clients,

It is with a sad heart, I tell you we lost one of the founders of ProBusinessTools. Riche Varner lost his battle last week with complications from his 2003 Gastric Bypass Surgery.

Many of you using ProBusinessTools prior to 2005 knew Riche well and have asked about him consistently through his additional surgeries and hospital stays. We have all appreciated your concerns and prayers through the last 3 years. Being able to pass them on to Riche, he knew to the end that he still had friends caring for him.

For those of you who did not know Riche, he was the owner of M and M Satellite and the first person who contacted me; asking that we build scheduling software to help manage his company of 12 installers. If Riche had never sent that first email in 2001, Prosite would have taken a different direction in its choice of software to develop.

A message board has been started in memory of Riche Varner. If you have anything to add, please insert your words here for everyone to read:
http://groups.msn.com/SatelliteBroa...w?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=33463

Riche, age 33, leaves behind a wife and 3 young children. I speak for many of you when I say “Riche, we will miss you”.

Sincerely,
Jason Warren, CEO
Prosite Business Solutions
www.ProBusinessTools.com
phone: 877-583-3232

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts