Been awhile since I have been here. "Moving" still possible?

terpsmandan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Somewhere near here
Just as the topic says. It has been awhile since I have hung out here. I was wondering if it was still possible to "move"? Looking to upgrade to a 922 but only under certain circumstances. Thanks for looking.

Moving to an adjacent DMA whose spotbeam covers you is still possible, but for longer distance moves that require a CONUS beam for locals will be severely curtailed once the new satellite at 61.5 goes into operation in a few months.

I did that to get another DMA three years ago, but I wanted to upgrade to a 922 and they say that I have to have a tech come by and I was making sure that I could "move" back once they stopped by. Thanks.

Because I only have one hd set and one sd set. Also I want to add an EHD and do not want to plug the sling adapter into he front and the EHD into the back. I checked with tech support and they were unsure if you could use a usb hub on the back and plug both into the back. If anyone has any other info on that I would appreciate it. If I could do that problem solved. Also my current HD pack comes in on 129, which I can see and a 61.5 spot that cannot. Are the 129 channels going to be taken off? I am in the Northeast and I would hate to loose this option.

Already there are a lot of new features released only to the Hopper system. Like Whats Hot and Game finder.
No new features added to the 922 in the last year, its on the way out.
I would not want to pay full price and a two year contract for something that is about to be discontinued.
A powered USB hub works fine on the back.

Why would I need a powered USB hub? The EHD has it's own power. Also Dish didn't say anything about price besides the $95 tech fee.

The USB hub allows you to plug many devices (EHD, Sling Adapter, not necessary with the 922, OTA Module, also not necessary with the 922, into one USB input on the receiver... All of that said I still think the Hopper Joey is a better choice. Still the same $95 tech fee.

Thanks for the tip. Pay full price? Dish never said anything about paying for the new box, just the $95 tech fee bc I am not on the maint plan.

Why not add the Service Plan to your account and then cancel it after you upgrade?
Whether you cancel it just after your upgrade (will have to pay the $25 etf), or you wait 3 months, you'll still pays less than the $95 tech fee.

Because I don't need a Hopper and if I can hook an EHD to my 722k, I won't need a 922 either. Also I have already "moved" and would rather not "move " again.

You can add an EHD to your 722. If that is your only issue, you certainly don't need to do anything except plug in a self powered EHD..... It costs nothing more than the cost of the EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts